FELA! Returns to Ahmanson Theatre With Michelle Williams From Destiny's Child
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for FELA! have expired.
The last date listed for FELA! was Sunday May 5, 2013 / 6:30pm.
Currently at Ahmanson Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $80.00 - $89.00
- Our Price:
- $40.00 - $44.50
Peter and the Starcatcher, the multiple Tony Award-winning show that The New York Times called "the most exhilarating storytelling on Broadway in decades," is the swashbuckling, madcap prequel to Peter Pan. A dozen actors play more than 100 characters, combining their acting talent with ingenious stagecraft and an imaginative story to reveal the origins of "the boy who wouldn't grow up." The musical play takes a hilarious romp through the Neverland you never knew in an action-packed adventure that brings pirates, orphans and secret agents of the Queen together on the high seas. Based on the bestselling novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, and written by Rick Elice (Jersey Boys), Peter and the Starcatcher boasts an all-star creative team and weaves an enchanting tale that appeals to both adults and kids. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
This is one of the most powerfully entertaining and informative theatrical performances that we have experienced EVER! The staging was superb; the acting incredible; the music exhilarating; the dancing hypnotic; and the grounding in historical/cultural perspectives profound!
This is a must see for understanding the compelling influence of music and dance for activating social movements. Be prepared to participate in the movement at the Shrine - leave your inhibitions at home!
Quotes & Highlights
- Watch the video trailer for FELA!
- The hot (and seriously cool) energy that comes from the musical gospel preached by the title character of FELA! Feels as if it could stretch easily to the borders of Manhattan and then across a river or two. There should be dancing in the streets!" --New York Times
- "FELA! Is as rowdy as it is rousing. (It) is one of the most original and exciting shows to come around in a long while." --Daily News
- "There's enough energy in the first act of FELA! to short circuit Con Ed. It spills over from the stage and into the orchestra seats. Boundless and joyous: This is as close as Broadway gets to fully immersive theatre." --New York Post
- Bill T. Jones's wildly loose-limbed journey into the throbbing heart of Afrobeat breaks bold new ground in musical theatre." --Variety
Winner of 3 Tony Awards!
From Producers Shawn "Jay Z" Carter, Will Smith, and Jada Pinkett-Smith
FELA! is the true story of the legendary Nigerian musician Fela Kuti, whose soulful Afrobeat rhythms ignited a generation. Inspired by his mother, a civil rights champion, he defied a corrupt and oppressive military government and devoted his life and music to the struggle for freedom and human dignity.
FELA! is a triumphant tale of courage, passion and love, featuring Fela Kuti’s captivating music and the visionary direction and choreography of Tony Award-winner Bill T. Jones.