God of Carnage, Tony-Winning Comedy with Jeff Daniels & James Gandolfini
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for God of Carnage have expired.
The last date listed for God of Carnage was Sunday May 29, 2011 / 6:30pm.
Currently at Ahmanson Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $80.00
- Our Price:
- $30.00 - $40.00
Barry Manilow returns to his first love, writing musicals, with the much-anticipated Harmony. This musical story of the world's first hit boy band is based on the true tale of six talented young Germans who came together in the 1920s and took the world by storm. With a signature blend of sophisticated close harmonies and hilarious stage antics, the Comedian Harmonists were an actual group that sold millions of records, starred in films and packed the prestigious concert halls around the globe -- until the rise of Nazi Germany split them apart. Inspired by the story, Manilow and his co-creator, writer-lyricist Bruce Sussman, created this musical with an original score that celebrates this extraordinary group of friends and their quest for true harmony in one of the most discordant periods of world history. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Susan Green
view more less of this review
God of Carnage is a well written play with a stellar cast and excellent direction by Matthew Warchus. I was sorry to have missed it on Broadway,so I was thrilled when it was on the schedule for the Ahmanson. The story is not new-two sets of couples meet and we watch their relationships unravel throughout the 90 minutes. But the cast, especially Marcia Gay Harden, is worth the price of admission. And Hope Davis can add a new trick to her resume under special skills...
Quotes & Highlights
- "Never underestimate the pleasure of watching really good actors behaving terribly...highly skilled stage performers take on roles that allow them to rip the stuffing out of one another, tear up the scenery, stomp on their own vanity and have the time of their lives." --<em>The New York Times</em>
- “Gleefully nasty fun" --<em>New York Post</em>
- “Hysterical! Fasten your seat belts and go!" --Syndicated Columnist Liz Smith
- "Original Broadway dream cast...Tony-winning Battle Royal. Let the warfare begin." --<em>Los Angeles Times</em>
- "Four actors at the top of their game.<strong> </strong>Theater dines on bad behavior. <em>Carnage </em>is the ultimate seven-course meal." --<em>Entertainment Weekly</em>
- "There is theater history to be witnessed on the stage of the Ahmanson.An inspired, explosive performance." --<em>Huffington Post </em>
The most celebrated cast in recent Broadway history -- Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, James Gandolfini and Marcia Gay Harden -- reunite exclusively at the Ahmanson this spring for the Tony Award-winning comedy God of Carnage.
This is a production that truly took New York by storm: smashing all-time box office records and nabbing Tony Award® nominations for all four actors, and eventually earning the Tony Award® for Best Play, Best Director and a Best Actress Tony for Marcia Gay Harden.