God of Carnage, Tony-Winning Comedy with Jeff Daniels & James GandolfiniAhmanson Theatre, at the Music Center (135 North Grand Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90012)
- Full Price:
- $55.00 - $120.00
- Our Price:
- $49.00 - $120.00*
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for God of Carnage have expired.
The last date listed for God of Carnage was Sunday May 29, 2011 / 6:30pm.
Currently at Ahmanson Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $80.00 - $90.00
- Our Price:
- $40.00 - $45.00
The final musical collaboration by the legendary theater team of John Kander and Fred Ebb (Chicago, Cabaret and Kiss of the Spider Woman) comes to Los Angeles for a run at the Ahmanson Theatre. This surprising and inspiring story is based on the Scottsboro case from the '30s concerning nine young African-American men who were unjustly accused of a shocking crime and whose story would eventually contribute to the Civil Rights Movement. The Scottsboro Boys is told through a mix of innovative staging and piercing songs, and garnered 12 Tony Award nominations. This production is directed and choreographed by five-time Tony Award winner Susan Stroman (The Producers). Learn More
Goldstar Member Tips
Should dress casually chic - leave the jeans & flip flops, tennis shoes at home.
Plenty of places to eat in the area, as well as at the venue.
$9.00 flat rate - but easy in and out
379 Goldstar Member Reviews
Written on Apr 02 2012
After all the rave reviews of this play, I think I went expecting too much. I found it to be "much ado about nothing". Overly talky and almost irritating to watch. Couldn't wait for it to be over.
Written on Sep 27 2011
i had a great time at this event. the cast was superb. if you have an off sense of humor like i do this is a must see.
Written on Jul 05 2011
I thought it was great. All the actors and the script was fantastic. Thanks for the reduced ticket prices. Or else I couldn't have afforded this treat with the recession.
Written on Jul 03 2011
This was a superb performance with an excellent cast.
More Information About God of Carnage
Quotes & Highlights
- "Never underestimate the pleasure of watching really good actors behaving terribly...highly skilled stage performers take on roles that allow them to rip the stuffing out of one another, tear up the scenery, stomp on their own vanity and have the time of their lives." --The New York Times
- “Gleefully nasty fun" --New York Post
- “Hysterical! Fasten your seat belts and go!" --Syndicated Columnist Liz Smith
- "Original Broadway dream cast...Tony-winning Battle Royal. Let the warfare begin." --Los Angeles Times
- "Four actors at the top of their game. Theater dines on bad behavior. Carnage is the ultimate seven-course meal." --Entertainment Weekly
- "There is theater history to be witnessed on the stage of the Ahmanson.An inspired, explosive performance." --Huffington Post
The most celebrated cast in recent Broadway history -- Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, James Gandolfini and Marcia Gay Harden -- reunite exclusively at the Ahmanson this spring for the Tony Award-winning comedy God of Carnage.
This is a production that truly took New York by storm: smashing all-time box office records and nabbing Tony Award® nominations for all four actors, and eventually earning the Tony Award® for Best Play, Best Director and a Best Actress Tony for Marcia Gay Harden.