In My Corner: Joe Orrach Sings, Dances and Acts
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for In My Corner have expired.
The last date listed for In My Corner was Saturday November 2, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Odyssey Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $25.00 - $30.00
- Our Price:
- $12.50 - $15.00
Two men, one an artist and the other a mysterious stranger, strike up a seemingly innocent conversation at a seaside resort. As they exchange increasingly intimate perspectives on art, marriage and women -- in particular, the artist's wife -- undercurrents of sexuality, language and economics explode into a tangled web of intrigue, suspicion and revenge in this gripping 19th-century psychological thriller. Deliciously dark and funny, this co-production with the New American Theatre of August Strindberg's Creditors is a story of vengeance, jealousy and psychological warfare that helped pave the way for modern Scandinavian noir. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Mr. Orrach is hardly an average Joe, and he and co-writer Lizbeth Hasse infuse this solo show with elements of his former lives ... headed by nimble pianist and musical director Matthew Clark, the musicians provide a rich rhythmic and melodic undercurrent to the show." -- LA Weekly
- “Joe Orrach's In My Corner is a knockout!” -- Contra Costa Times
- "Pure, smoking energy ... one of the most creative productions I have seen this year." -- L.A. Post
- "[Orrach's] performance succeeds in being both raw and refined at the same instant, and is abundant reason for seeing In My Corner." -- workingauthor.com
- "Orrach seemed to fly across the stage. I could have watched him dance all night." -- BroadwayWorld