In My Corner: Joe Orrach Sings, Dances and Acts
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for In My Corner have expired.
The last date listed for In My Corner was Saturday November 2, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Odyssey Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Three acting troupes rehearse the same classical passion play at three key moments in history in Passion Play, a clever and highly original comedy-drama from Tony Award-winner and Pulitzer Prize-nominee Sarah Ruhl (In the Next Room, or the vibrator play). Ruhl has been hailed as "one of the brightest new talents to emerge in the theater" by The New York Times, and in Passion Play she weaves a funny and lusty tale of community spirit, individual morality and global politics set in three vastly different historical periods: Queen Elizabeth's England, Hitler's Germany and Reagan's America. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Mr. Orrach is hardly an average Joe, and he and co-writer Lizbeth Hasse infuse this solo show with elements of his former lives ... headed by nimble pianist and musical director Matthew Clark, the musicians provide a rich rhythmic and melodic undercurrent to the show." -- <em><a target="_blank" href="http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2013/09/hamlet_all_female.php">LA Weekly</a></em>
- “Joe Orrach's <em>In My Corner </em>is a knockout!” --<em> <a target="_blank" href="http://www.contracostatimes.com/theater-and-arts/ci_12624645">Contra Costa Times</a></em>
- "Pure, smoking energy ... one of the most creative productions I have seen this year." -- <a target="_blank" href="http://www.thelosangelespost.org/in-corner-review-rose-desena/"><em>L.A. Post</em></a>
- "[Orrach's] performance succeeds in being both raw and refined at the same instant, and is abundant reason for seeing <em>In My Corner</em>." -- <a target="_blank" href="http://www.workingauthor.com/in-my-corner-odyssey-theatre">workingauthor.com</a>
- "Orrach seemed to fly across the stage. I could have watched him dance all night." -- <a target="_blank" href="http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/BWW-Reviews-Footwork-is-Everything-in-IN-MY-CORNER-a-New-Play-by-Lizbeth-Hasse-and-Joe-Orrach-at-the-Odyssey-Theatre-Ensemble-20130908"><em>BroadwayWorld</em></a>