Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's Holiday Concert at Royce Hall
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's Holiday Concert have expired.
The last date listed for Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra's Holiday Concert was Sunday December 4, 2005 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Royce Hall at UCLA:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- SOLD OUT
Actress, dancer and choreographer Debbie Allen's fun, fresh spin on The Nutcracker returns to Royce Hall for the holidays. The Hot Chocolate Nutcracker gives the seasonal favorite a rich new cultural context and updated characters, and features a lively contemporary score with original songs from multiple-Grammy-winner Mariah Carey and others. After young Kara receives a nutcracker filled with hot chocolate, she falls asleep and journeys to enchanted lands, including Candy Cane Lane, Egypt, the Rainforest, Jazzland, Russia and the Land of the Kimono Dolls. Little ones will have no trouble following along thanks to the narration by three wisecracking mice: Harvey, Schmink and Buckey. Allen herself appears in this fun holiday musical adventure. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- Tracy Dahl is “a bright bird of her species.” – Vancouver Sun
- “Her extreme high notes are both easy and spectacular.” – Boston Globe
- Handel: Concerto Grosso in D minor, Op. 6, No. 10
- Handel: “Endless pleasure, endless love” from Semele
- Mozart: Exsultate, jubilate
- R. Strauss: Zerbinetta’s aria from Ariadne auf Naxos
- R. Strauss: Le Bourgeois gentilhomme Suite
- Jeffrey Kahane, conductor
- <p>Tracy Dahl, soprano</p>
About the Ticket Supplier: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
The members of LACO are among the very best musicians in Los Angeles. Most play in film studios, teach and/or perform as soloists with orchestras and chamber ensembles all over the world.