Mariachi Dinner Show with Las Colibri at La Fonda on Wilshire
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Mariachi Dinner Show with Las Colibri have expired.
The last date listed for Mariachi Dinner Show with Las Colibri was Wednesday August 29, 2012 / 7:30pm (Show Begins at 8:00pm).
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $30.00 - $55.00
- Our Price:
- $15.00 - $45.00
An all-star lineup takes the stage at the Greek to perform the futuristic, synth-heavy electronic music of elusive Nigerian artist William Onyeabor. Onyeabor self-released eight nearly impossible-to-find albums between 1978 and 1985 in Nigeria, but after becoming a born-again Christian turned his back on his work and refused to speak about it for nearly three decades. Last year, after a five-year odyssey to track down Onyeabor and secure his permission to release his music, the Luaka Bop label issued World Psychedelic Classics 5: Who Is William Onyeabor? The album was named one of Time magazine's top ten albums of the year and Pitchfork's Best Reissue of the Year 2013. Even now, after the album's enormous success, the artist's life story remains a mystery -- and he seems content to keep it that way. The show features David Byrne, Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip), Pat Mahoney (LCD Soundsystem), Kele Okereke (Bloc Party), the legendary Lijadu Sisters of Nigeria in their first live performance in 30 years, Money Mark, Joshua Redman and Sinkane. The evening begins with a DJ set by special guest Wooden Wisdom (Elijah Wood & Zach Cowie). Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
To learn more about Las Colibri, visit their website.
Experience a live mariachi dinner show at the newly revitalized La Fonda on Wilshire.
Historically known for being the first restaurant in the U.S. to incorporate live mariachi musical performances with sit-down dining, this L.A. landmark is back and is at the forefront of fine Mexican dining. Savor exquisite Mexican cuisine while enjoying the live performance of Mariachi Las Colibrí.
- La Fonda Salad or Soup of the Day
- Assorted appetizer platter
- Entree (choice of one):
- Enchiladas de Tomatillo (Two cheese enchiladas filled with shredded chicken breast topped with green tomatillo sauce with a hint of jalapeño. Served with rice and beans.)
- Enchiladas Rojas (Two cheese enchiladas topped with red ranchero sauce. Garnished with shredded lettuce and fresh cheese. Served with rice and beans.)
- Carne Asada (Charbroiled outside skirt steak served with rice and beans. Garnished with guacamole and green onions.)
- Salmon en Salsa de Pistachio (Fresh Atlantic grilled salmon topped with a light pistachio sauce enhanced with epazote and jalapeño. Served with rice and seasonal vegetables.)
- Dessert: Chef’s pick of the day.
(Menu information is correct as of publication, but subject to change without notice.)