New Comedy Mutually Assured Destruction: Middle-Aged Love, Life
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Mutually Assured Destruction have expired.
The last date listed for Mutually Assured Destruction was Sunday August 26, 2012 / 3:00pm.
Currently at Odyssey Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $25.00 - $30.00
- Our Price:
- $12.50 - $15.00
Denny and Joey, two of Chicago's less-than-finest cops, have forged a lifelong bond on the rough streets of the Windy City. A Steady Rain captures the buddy duo at a time when their friendship, their badges and Denny's family come under fire as the result of a domestic disturbance call gone bad. When the horrific truth of the situation is revealed, one of them must take the blame for a fatal mistake. Jeff Perry, co-founder of Chicago's legendary Steppenwolf Theatre Company, directs this riveting drama that reveals the flaws and humanity of two lifelong friends doomed by their tragic fates. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- “Elegant geometric precision as tensions escalate to M.A.D. extremes. An apt metaphor for chilly marital relations”--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-theater-review-mutually-assured-destruction-20120724,0,6705451.story"><em>Los Angeles Times</em></a>
- “Capable, well-established comedic performers”--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.backstage.com/bso/reviews-la-theatre/la-review-mutually-assured-destruction-1007653152.story"><em>Backstage</em></a>
- “Laugh out loud funny, clever and well executed. Great LA inside jokes, superb acting and memorable one-liners”--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.culvercitynews.org/entertainment/a-play-that-is-laugh-out-loud-funny/"><em>Culver City News</em></a>
- “Witty and intellectually sharp…direction was spot-on for the piece, and the actors did not miss a cue”--<a><em>LA Splash</em></a>
- "Very funny. A wonderfully well-written comedy … fantastic cast of seasoned professionals that stop at nothing to give you a great performance and many laughs along the way”--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.joestraw9.blogspot.com "><em>Joe Straw #9</em></a>
- “Dynamite cast, coupled with a clever script … mutually assured evening of enjoyment”--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Los_Angeles_Performances_116/mutually-assured-destruction.php"><em>Santa Monica Mirror</em></a>
- “The acting is good. The storyline is amusing ... employs a metaphor for war to good effect for his farcical comedy”--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.artsbeatla.com/2012/07/m-a-d/ "><em>ArtsBeatLA</em></a>
The show is appropriate for audiences age 16 or over.
Running time is 120 minutes with one intermission.