Nine: Tony-Winning Musical Based on Fellini's 8 1/2
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Nine have expired.
The last date listed for Nine was Sunday August 18, 2013 / 3:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Scott MorrisRed Velvet
view more less of this review
I thought DOMA did a terrific job of staging a fairly difficult musical. The show was very well cast and performed, and is definitely worth seeing. My only complaint was that the ending didn't work as well as it could have, and seemed somewhat truncated and abrupt. I'm not sure why they cut the song "Getting Tall" which is sung by the young Guido, but I think it was a mistake, since that song is basically the resolution for the adult Guido's emotional arc in the show. However, the rest of the evening was so good, that the (somewhat) weak ending didn't diminish what had come before. Great work, DOMA!
Quotes & Highlights
- “A powerful enough production to recommend without reservation, a strong contender from a consistently strong company." --<em>L.A. Beat</em>
- "With director Marco Gomez pulling out the stops and letting his skilled cast reach for the stars, this production works on many levels, will entertain you, and even make you muse from time to time." --<a target="_blank" href="http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Reviews-DOMA-Presents-a-Darkly-Stimulating-NINE-20130716"><em>Broadway World</em></a>
- "[A] fast-moving, fun and unforgettable piece of theatre." --<a target="_blank" href="http://actorsentertainment.com/thespian/thespian-thoughts-theatre-review-of-nine-doma-theatre-company-by-sandro-monetti/">actorsentertainment.com</a>
- "What gorgeous songs there are in the original stage production, particularly those that get performed by the evening’s standout trio of leading ladies, each one the very definition of beauty, talent, and versatility." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.stagescenela.com/2013/07/nine-2/">StageSceneLA.com</a>
- "This passionate musical is peppered with numerous flashes of brilliance and a vast potpourri of breathtaking music." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.examiner.com/review/nine-at-the-met">examiner.com</a>
- "Witty and pleasing... [the] glitzy production numbers are quite > amazing... well worth seeing" --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.losfelizledger.com/2013/08/theater-review-nine-shines-at-the-hollywood-met/">Los Feliz Ledger</a></em>
- "A big thumbs up to this DOMA's /Nine/, which I heartily enjoyed ... Belissimo!" --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.laprogressive.com/ila-dolce-ifellini/">LA Progressive</a></em>
- "[An] ambitious revival ... a wonderful opportunity to hear a charming score -- part Sondheim, part Jacques Brel -- delivered by a game cast in a well-appointed but intimate setting." --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.frontiersla.com/Entertainment/Theater-Reviews/story.aspx?ID=2009072">Frontiers</a></em>
- "DOMA theatre never disappoints ... the acting, costumes and singing all excel." --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Los_Angeles_Entertainment_109/nine-a-musical-theatre-review.php">LA Splash</a></em>
- "Lush and hypnotic ... an extraordinary work, a true piece of art come to life onstage ... <em>Nine </em>rates a '10' at the Met." --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.examiner.com/review/nine-rates-a-10-at-the-met-doma-theatre-company">LA Musical Theater Examine</a></em>r
- "Sensually lively and passionate ... eye-poppingly exciting direction ... elaborate and entertaining." --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://tolucantimes.info/section/theatre_review/i-caught-two-musicals-on-the-weekend/">The Tolucan Times</a></em>
- "Delightful ... sexy ... spectacular voices ... DOMA Theatre Company has triumphed again!" --<a target="_blank" href="http://culturespotla.com/2013/07/review-doma-theatre-companys-nine/">CultureSpotLA</a>
- "A ten out of ten ... A bellissimo experience." --<a target="_blank" href="http://actorsentertainment.com/thespian/thespian-thoughts-theatre-review-of-nine-doma-theatre-company-by-sandro-monetti/">Actors Reporter</a>