Return of The Normal Heart, Larry Kramer's Groundbreaking Play
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Normal Heart have expired.
The last date listed for The Normal Heart was Friday December 6, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $80.00 - $89.00
- Our Price:
- $40.00 - $44.50
Peter and the Starcatcher, the multiple Tony Award-winning show that The New York Times called "the most exhilarating storytelling on Broadway in decades," is the swashbuckling, madcap prequel to Peter Pan. A dozen actors play more than 100 characters, combining their acting talent with ingenious stagecraft and an imaginative story to reveal the origins of "the boy who wouldn't grow up." The musical play takes a hilarious romp through the Neverland you never knew in an action-packed adventure that brings pirates, orphans and secret agents of the Queen together on the high seas. Based on the bestselling novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, and written by Rick Elice (Jersey Boys), Peter and the Starcatcher boasts an all-star creative team and weaves an enchanting tale that appeals to both adults and kids. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Glen Davis
view more less of this review
I see a lot of theatre; 5 shows a week usually. I've rarely seen an audience so attentive and appreciative. First time produced in LA in something like 20 years? Soon to be an HBO movie, but this is the production to see. Great casting, technicals, acting and direction. I have no complaints at all about this product. I saw a preview, so it can only get better. If I didn't live 125 miles away, I would drive up to see it again.
Quotes & Highlights
- “Reaches out and grabs you with the force of an explosive new work.” --The Hollywood Reporter
- "Director Simon Levy has mounted a deeply moving production at the Fountain Theatre, bathed in the compassion without which it would be merely a horror story, and performed by a deeply committed ensemble." --LA Weekly (Pick of the Week)
- "The play must be seen by anyone who truly cares about the human condition. If anger takes control, channel that anger where it will do the most good and let it shine!" -- BroadwayWorld
- " Simon Levy brilliantly directs the exclusive Los Angeles revival of Larry Kramer's groundbreaking drama ... Do not miss this production." --BroadwayWorld
- " The production is excellent on all levels, from Simon Levy's dynamic direction to the outstanding ensemble, with Tim Cummings delivering an electrifying, career-best lead performance." --LAist
- "This absolutely brilliant production is one that no Los Angeles theater lover should miss, and the younger the audience the better." --StageSceneLA
Running time: 2.5 hours, including one intermission.