Urban Acrobatics, High-Energy Dance, Music and Humor in Traces, a New Brand of Circus
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Traces have expired.
The last date listed for Traces was Saturday February 12, 2011 / 2:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Julie
view more less of this review
Didnt know what to expect.. Really enjoyed the performers....lots of humor thrown in with their special talents of acrobats, gymnastics and choreography/dance.. something for everyone.. good for all ages..thinking of bringing the teenagers next time.. we saw the first opening show, glad i took the chance at trying something new
Quotes & Highlights
- "A gorgeously pure, loose and personal circus...the audience immediately understands that it is in the presence of seven massively talented performers." --<em>The Chicago Tribune</em>, rated 4 out of 4 stars
- “Beautifully choreographed and hugely impressive." --<em>Time Out Chicago</em>
- “An exquisitely timed and energetic display that calls for gifts extending from dance and music through acrobatics and skateboarding.” --<em>The New York Times</em>
- "Part theatre, part circus and totally amazing." --<em>Ottawa Citizen</em>
- "<em>Traces</em> leaves an indelible mark." --<em>Daily Mail</em>
- See <em>Traces</em>' official <a target="_blank" href="http://tracesusa.com/">website</a> and a YouTube preview <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQ8t0d9ew0">video</a> of the show.
7 Fingers (Les 7 doigts de la main) are an astonishingly talented young French Canadian company who have pioneered a whole new brand of circus. Their show Traces was a runaway hit at the Edinburgh Festival in 2007 and now it’s coming to Los Angles for the very first time.
The name of the Montreal-based performance group that gave life to Traces – 7 Fingers – is a twist on a French idiom ("the five fingers of the hand") used to describe distinct, individual parts moving in coordination towards one common goal. Founded in Montreal by seven seasoned circus performers, and now with five touring shows, this collective has charmed audiences across the globe with their strikingly human and unprecedented multi-disciplinary approach to circus, moving their distinct parts towards common artistic goals.
Traces amazes with high-energy urban acrobatics that are at once poetic and explosive, humorous and thoughtful. Combining traditional acrobatic forms with street elements such as skateboarding and basketball, mixed in with some theatre and contemporary dance, it surprises, awes and delights at every turn.
The troupe of seven performers delivers gravity-defying displays of skill which include traditional Chinese acrobatics such as balancing on each other's heads, tumbling through hoops, and scaling giant poles without the use of hands.