Lower Manhattan Architecture Tour Aboard an Elegant Yacht
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from irina privin
view more less of this review
Very nice day , great experience to see NYC in its best
we had also a free drink was part of the deal - it was nice as we needed it . We enjoyed it and weather was great too.
Time of the tour is also selected well , because we saw sun set around statue of liberty and it was just perfect !!!
The cruise runs approximately 1.5 hours.
Highlights, topics and themes of the 2014 AIANY tour include:
- Exploration of planning visions for both reclaiming the post-industrial waterfront, as the “6th Borough,” and addressing rising sea levels
- Insightful coverage of Manhattan’s classic spires, including the Chrysler and Woolworth Buildings, as well as a sharp focus on the new World Trade Center buildings and recent “starchitecture” boom; including buildings by Frank Gehry, Jean Nouvel and other noted international and local architects
- The greater waterfront access allowed by new parks and recreation piers including the ecologically driven features designed by leading landscape architects
- The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the newest waterfront monument: Roosevelt Island’s FDR Four Freedoms Park
- NYC’s engineering masterpieces including the Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- The adaptation of the High Line as an elevated, linear park and its role in the development of West Chelsea and Hudson Yards.
- The story of post WWII urban renewal and public housing along the Lower East Side.
Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise.
About the Ticket Supplier: Classic Harbor Line LLC
Built in 1994 in the Scarano Boat Building of Albany, New York, the Schooner Adirondack is an 80-foot wooden replica of a classic turn-of-the-century pilot schooner.
Heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, the Schooner Adirondack passes by Ellis Island and sails out to the Statue of Liberty. Wind and time permitting, she will head toward Governor’s Island, breeze by the Financial District and the Brooklyn Bridge on the East River.
The 1920s-style motor yacht “Manhattan,” also built by Scarano Boat Building, is brand new to the New York City harbor as of spring 2006. This 80-foot, wood-trimmed, Gilded Era commuter yacht runs full circumnavigations of Manhattan, dinner cruises and sunset cruises, and is available for private charter.