New York Classic Week Schooner Race Aboard Schooner Imagine
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for New York Classic Week Schooner Race Aboard Schooner Imagine was Sunday October 5, 2008 / 11:15am.
Be a part of the New York Classic Week races aboard the schooner Imagine. The stunning bright work and beautiful classic lines of the historic vessels participating in the races have been specially maintained by their owners and offer great photo opportunities! Each race each day will have a different course within New York Harbor.
Some of the famous sites you’ll view along the way are:
- The New York City skyline
- Twenty-acre Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan, where artillery has been stationed over the centuries
- Ellis Island, the immigrant doorway to America from 1892 to 1954
- The Statue of Liberty, a French gift that arrived in New York Harbor in 1885 and has come to represent our nation’s freedom and ideals
- The New York City waterfalls
Lunch includes fruit, gourmet sandwiches, chips and dessert. Complimentary champagne, wine, beer and soda will be provided.
About the Ticket Supplier: Classic Harbor Line LLC
Built in 1994 in the Scarano Boat Building of Albany, New York, the Schooner Adirondack is an 80-foot wooden replica of a classic turn-of-the-century pilot schooner.
Heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, the Schooner Adirondack passes by Ellis Island and sails out to the Statue of Liberty. Wind and time permitting, she will head toward Governor’s Island, breeze by the Financial District and the Brooklyn Bridge on the East River.
The 1920s-style motor yacht “Manhattan,” also built by Scarano Boat Building, is brand new to the New York City harbor as of spring 2006. This 80-foot, wood-trimmed, Gilded Era commuter yacht runs full circumnavigations of Manhattan, dinner cruises and sunset cruises, and is available for private charter.