Jewish Heritage and History Tour of Lower Manhattan
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Jews of Lower Manhattan have expired.
The last date listed for The Jews of Lower Manhattan was Sunday January 1, 2012 / 1:00pm.
Currently at 55 Wall Street:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Take a Wall Street Walks tour and get the inside scoop on the center of the financial universe, with visits to the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Hall, Trinity Church, the Wall Street Bull and other famous locations, with great tidbits on the district's history. The 90-minute excursion also includes an informational trip to the new One World Trade Center, recounting the events of 9/11, while viewing the new site and the memorial from street level. Experienced guides provide plenty of interesting background and insight on both areas, which are so vital to the past, present and future of New York City and the world. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
Visit the Museum of Jewish Heritage website .
The Christmas season is upon us, but for those of us who are not gathering around trees or singing carols, options can be limited around the 25th of December.
Wall Street Walks is proud to present The Jews of Lower Manhattan, an exclusive walking tour that focuses entirely on the Jewish presence on Wall Street and its surrounding areas.
Jews have been instrumental in both the foundation of Wall Street and its growth into the ubiquitous financial institution it is today. Did you know that…
- Lower Manhattan was the original site for the Congregation Shearith Israel, the oldest Jewish congregation in America.
- Jewish poet Emma Lazarus penned the famous verses featured on the base of the Statue of Liberty.
- Three founding members of the NYSE were Jewish.
- A number of investment banks were started by Jews, notably Goldman Sachs which still operates under its original name.
- Samuel D. Leidesdorf, philanthropist and founder of the accounting firm S.D. Leidesdorf, helped create the Israeli Bonds program.
See the famous sites throughout Lower Manhattan including:
- Statue of Liberty
- New York Harbor
- Wall Street
- Federal Hall
- The original site of Shearith Israel
- The headquarters of Goldman Sachs
- U.S. Customs House
- Movie sites for films such as Ghostbusters 2 and Men in Black
Hand warmers are available for $1.
After the tour you can remain at the Museum of Jewish Heritage and participate in any of their other activities.