The Donkey Show: Shakespeare Meets Disco Madness in This Theatrical Dance Party
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Donkey Show have expired.
The last date listed for The Donkey Show was Friday July 27, 2012 / 7:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $54.50 - $69.50
- Our Price:
- $34.50 - $43.50
Based on Green Day's Grammy-winning concept album of the same name, American Idiot is a high-energy, two-time Tony-winning rock opera featuring the songs from the album, with direction by Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening), choreography by Steven Hoggett (Black Watch) and orchestrations and arrangements by Tom Kitt (Next to Normal). The story follows three lifelong friends -- Johnny, Will and Tunny -- as they are forced to choose between following their dreams or staying in the safety of the suburbs. Popular songs from American Idiot include "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," "21 Guns," "Wake Me Up When September Ends," "Holiday" and the title track, which was nominated for four Grammys when it was released in 2005. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Passion. Sex. A rollicking cool party.” —<em>The New York Times </em>
- “So visceral that words seem almost beside the point." —<em>The Boston Globe</em>
- “The most alive, immersive piece of theater I've ever been dunked in!" —<em>Boston Herald</em>
- "A fantastical disco party! Even the stodgiest of theater patrons will be shaking their groove thangs!" —<em>Boston Metro</em>
- "William Shakespeare meets disco madness in <em>The Donkey Show</em>, a wild off-Broadway hit that will be the summer's big theater event at Miami's Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts." —<em>The Miami Herald</em>
- Check out <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTVNr0_2SNU&feature=player_embedded">Behind the Scenes with <em>The Donkey Show</em></a> on YouTube.
Come party on the dance floor to all the '70s disco hits you know by heart as the show unfolds around you! Get the bouncer's attention—and you'll hustle right in! Get down and boogie with the star-crossed lovers, or watch from the sidelines—if that's the way you like it. And don't stop til you get enough! You can party into the night and live out your own fabulous disco fantasy. If you love the night life, The Donkey Show will be your mid-summer night's dream come true.
Disco fever is highly contagious. Protect your kids — leave them at home!
Wear your most comfortable boogie shoes, as Club Oberon’s Dance Floor is standing room only!
Disco attire is strongly encouraged. No roller skates, please.
Please drink responsibly.