Kingdom Undone Explores the Last Days of Judas and Jesus
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Kingdom Undone have expired.
The last date listed for Kingdom Undone was Saturday March 30, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $56.00 - $107.00
- Our Price:
- $30.00 - $65.80
Join the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, the Lion, Dorothy and her little dog Toto, too, for this fresh adaptation of The Wizard of Oz, featuring new tunes by Tim Rice (Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita) and Andrew Lloyd Webber (The Phantom of the Opera, Cats). Everyone loves the story of the girl who wakes up in a strange land filled with witches and wizards, munchkins and monkeys -- and who makes some wonderful friends in her quest to find her way back home. Journey down the yellow brick road through the land of Oz to meet the Wizard while humming along to both new and memorable songs from the Oscar-winning film, including "Over the Rainbow," "We're Off to See the Wizard" and "If I Only Had a Brain." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Remarkably intelligent ... a first rate production." --How Was The Show
- "This has the potential to become an estimable piece in the Passion literature." --Minneapolis Star Tribune
- “Kingdom Undone is a labor of love by artists who really know what they’re doing ... It's a rare show that a friend and I will be discussing for hours after we've seen it.” --Twin Cities Daily Planet
- "Ambitious and largely successful ... When it all comes together ... it can make for riveting theater." --City Pages
- “Kingdom Undone provides an interesting venue for thinking in new ways about a very old story.” --Aisle Say
From the creators of Theater for the Thirsty comes a new play about justice and vengeance with a compelling twist on the last days of Judas and Jesus. When revolution spins out of control, Judas Iscariot and a young Zealot named Isaac rush toward their ultimate liberation, or their undoing. Kingdom Undone merges earthy drama, music and unexpected humor with the passion of Jesus’ final days and the messy justice that turned the world on its head. By Jeremiah Gamble, directed by Jeffrey S. Miller, music direction by Michael Pearce Donley, and featuring a cast of stand-out Twin Cities’ talent.
About the Ticket Supplier: The Bucket Brigade
The Bucket Brigade is the new producing entity of Jeremiah and Vanessa Gamble, creators of Theater for the Thirsty. The Gambles have specialized in imaginative, soul stirring and redemptive theater for over a dozen years--creating ten original works they've performed across Minnesota and The United States. Their play, The Cubicle, was the "sleeper hit of the 2005 Minnesota Fringe Festival" (Pioneer Press), and their original musical, Amnesiac Jack was hailed as the "cream of the crop" of the 2006 Fringe (Minneapolis Star-Tribune).