Kingdom Undone Explores the Last Days of Judas and Jesus
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Kingdom Undone have expired.
The last date listed for Kingdom Undone was Saturday March 30, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Agnes of God tells the story of a novice nun accused of murdering her newborn baby. A court-appointed psychiatrist, Dr. Martha Livingstone, is charged with the task of assessing the sanity of the young and beautiful Sister Agnes (who insists her baby was the result of an immaculate conception) -- as well as discovering who fathered the child and what events led to its death. But the convent's Mother Superior seems bent on protecting Sister Agnes from the doctor at all costs, arousing the suspicions surrounding her even further. In this explosive production from Bloomington Civic Theatre, all three of these women are forced to face harsh realities as they reexamine the meaning of faith and the power of love. A hit on Broadway, this Tony Award-winning psychological drama was later adapted into the 1985 film starring Jane Fonda, Anne Bancroft and Meg Tilly. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Remarkably intelligent ... a first rate production." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.howwastheshow.com/2012/03/kingdom-undone-at-the-southern-theater/"><em>How Was The Show </em></a>
- "This has the potential to become an estimable piece in the Passion literature." -<em>-<a target="_blank" href="http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/stageandarts/143991086.html">Minneapolis Star Tribune </a></em>
- “<em>Kingdom Undone</em> is a labor of love by artists who really know what they’re doing ... It's a rare show that a friend and I will be discussing for hours after we've seen it.” --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/arts/theater/review-kingdom-undone-theater-thirsty-not-just-church-crowd"><em>Twin Cities Daily Planet</em></a>
- "Ambitious and largely successful ... When it all comes together ... it can make for riveting theater." --<a target="_blank" href="http://blogs.citypages.com/dressingroom/2012/03/kingdom_undone.php"><em>City Pages</em></a>
- “<em>Kingdom Undone</em> provides an interesting venue for thinking in new ways about a very old story.” --<em>Aisle Say </em>
From the creators of Theater for the Thirsty comes a new play about justice and vengeance with a compelling twist on the last days of Judas and Jesus. When revolution spins out of control, Judas Iscariot and a young Zealot named Isaac rush toward their ultimate liberation, or their undoing. Kingdom Undone merges earthy drama, music and unexpected humor with the passion of Jesus’ final days and the messy justice that turned the world on its head. By Jeremiah Gamble, directed by Jeffrey S. Miller, music direction by Michael Pearce Donley, and featuring a cast of stand-out Twin Cities’ talent.