The Diary of Anne Frank: Powerful New Adaptation Comes to Sabes
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Diary of Anne Frank have expired.
The last date listed for The Diary of Anne Frank was Sunday November 6, 2011 / 2:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $76.00 - $107.00
- Our Price:
- $43.60 - $65.80
Join the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, the Lion, Dorothy and her little dog Toto, too, for this fresh adaptation of The Wizard of Oz, featuring new tunes by Tim Rice (Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita) and Andrew Lloyd Webber (The Phantom of the Opera, Cats). Everyone loves the story of the girl who wakes up in a strange land filled with witches and wizards, munchkins and monkeys -- and who makes some wonderful friends in her quest to find her way back home. Journey down the yellow brick road through the land of Oz to meet the Wizard while humming along to both new and memorable songs from the Oscar-winning film, including "Over the Rainbow," "We're Off to See the Wizard" and "If I Only Had a Brain." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Undeniably moving. It shatters the heart. The evening never lets us forget the inhuman darkness waiting to claim its incandescently human heroine." —The New York Times
- "An extraordinary theatrical adventure! Go and remember." —New York Post
- "…[the] new Diary is chillingly honest about the Holocaust. Wendy Kesselman's work has restored the terror." —New York Daily News
- "Wendy Kesselman's finely textured new Diary tells a deeper story. A sensitive, stirring and thoroughly engaging new adaptation." —Newsday
- "A powerful new version that moves the audience to gasp, then tears." —Associated Press
By Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett
Newly adapted by Wendy Kesselman
Directed by Anya Kremenetsky
About the Ticket Supplier: Sabes Jewish Community Center
The Sabes JCC is a multifaceted organization servicing the entire community. We provide programs and services in many areas including our early childhood center, health & fitness, recreation, Jewish arts & humanities, senior services, afterschool programs, day camp, special events and so much more.
The Sabes JCC is dedicated to the production of innovative, provocative and entertaining professional theatre, music, dance and collaborative arts that explore, celebrate and illuminate Jewish identity, history and culture.