Big Apple Circus Show: Dance On! with Acrobats, Motorcycles, Mini-Horses and More
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Big Apple Circus: Dance On! have expired.
The last date listed for Big Apple Circus: Dance On! was Saturday November 20, 2010 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Family Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $17.00 - $50.00
- Our Price:
- $7.50 - $25.00
Lemony Snicket's The Composer is Dead is a murder mystery that takes place at the orchestra. The composer is dead -- and we must discover who did the wicked deed. The performance is intended to introduce young people to instruments in the orchestra through the guise of a humorous and thrilling mystery, keeping both children and adults immersed in the action. The orchestra will also perform the New York premiere of Embrace by Brooklyn composer Kenji Bunch, featuring Tracy Silverman on electric violin. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
The spectacular Big Apple Circus leaps into its 33rd Season with a thrilling All-New Show, Dance On! The World’s Greatest Circus artists swing into action in the spotlight under the intimate Big Top, where no seat is more than 50 feet from the ring! With live music by the Big Apple Circus Band, there’ll be cavorting in the aisles — and even the audience will be dancing in their seats!
Performers from around the globe gather at the Big Apple Circus under the artistic direction of Guillaume Dufresnoy for the 2010–2011 season show:
- From China, the Hebei Wuqiao Acrobatic Troupe — the highly skilled and superbly talented troupe perform a powerful lasso act and an acrobatic ensemble on monocycles.
- From America, the talented, irrepressible, delightful comic Mark Gindick takes a witty turn under the Big Top as the Man Who Dances.
- From Ethiopia, Girma Tshehai — a charming performer who excites with an act of juggling and percussion combined
- From America, the beautiful Jenny Vidbel fills the ring with a playful chorus line of 12 white mini-horses.
- From Africa, the African Acrobats/ Acrobats Internationale pump up the fun with a high-energy dance and pole act with feats of incredible strength and agility preformed to the contagious rhythms of world beat music.
- From Russia, lovely and graceful Regina Dobrovitskaya embarks on a romantic trip to the heavens on her cloud swing!
- From America, Rob Torres — the sweet and playful ―*International Man of Mirth* pokes fun and laughter throughout the Big Top.
- From Mongolia, X Bud Roses Troupe — these five mysterious young ladies dazzle and amaze with a contortion act of strength and flexibility that will leave the audience spellbound.
- From America, versatile and charming ringmaster Kevin Venardos returns for an encore performance.
- From Bulgaria, Big Apple Circus company member Andrey Mantchev gives a phenomenal hand–balancing performance!
- From America, Barry Lubin, aka Grandma, presents a lively and lovable grand lady of belly laughs.
About the Ticket Supplier: Big Apple CircusAs a leading presenter of family entertainment and a not-for-profit performing arts institution, our nationwide performances and community programs have made our 34-year history far-reaching and full.
It all began in Kent, England, in 1974, when American entertainers and Big Apple Circus co-founders Paul Binder and Michael Christensen became juggling partners and took to the street corners of Europe. Their comedic juggling act was a hit, and they soon found themselves on the stage of the presitigous Nouveau Cirque de Paris. They returned home to America in 1976 with a vision: to entertain and improve the lives of millions. One year later, they found a site for the first tent-raising in Battery Park, New York, and went on to create the award-winning, not-for-profit Big Apple Circus.