Legendarium: Big Apple Circus Takes a Trip Into History
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Legendarium have expired.
The last date listed for Legendarium was Thursday January 10, 2013 / 6:30pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- COMP - $10.00
Born at a Mardi Gras party in Portland, Oregon, MarchFourth Marching Band has become one of the nation's best live touring acts -- and you can catch them outdoors on Pier 15 backed by beautiful waterfront views. More than just a concert, a MarchFourth show is a celebration, with stilt-walkers, unicyclists, fire eaters, puppets, flag twirlers, clown antics, acrobatics and more, accompanied by an eclectic big band in marching band costumes. Anchored by funky electric bass and featuring a 12-piece horn section and a 10-piece drum/percussion corps, MarchFourth takes you on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the gypsy camps of Eastern Europe to the African jungle by way of Brazil, while honoring the musical traditions of American funk, rock and jazz. Opening for MarchFourth is Brother Joscephus and the Love Revolution, a foot-stompin' gumbo of roots rock, old-school soul and New Orleans rhythms. Learn More
If you go to this show, you must be facing center stage. All the performances are setup for this to be the best view. Other seating you will definitely miss out on most of the show. Look at my photos to see what i mean.Big Apple Circus: Luminocity info • Dec 26 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Louis Ludyny
view more less of this review
The new show was EXCELLENT! Much better than last year. The ringmaster was terrific,very articulate and fun. The acts were awesome and the clowns were better this year. I have gone to Big Apple Circus for last 10yrs and the Goldstar seats were SUPER!Really helped in our enjoyment of show,Thanks you
star this review starred report as inappropriate
A pleasant surprise! Did not have high expectations for the circus, but took fiance on a surprise date. We have no children but we had a BLAST watching the acrobatic acts. The contortionist and high wire acts were our favorites. We were surprised...continued
Welcome to the Big Apple Circus Legendarium, where you will experience the nostalgic thrills of historic big tops and get a first-hand view of beauties, daredevils and clowns from another era! For their 35th season production, no seat is more than 50 feet from the world’s most spectacular circus performers.
Travel back to when circus traditions were born and witness incredible acts that would have had the villagers chattering for days. The courageous mid-air flips and catches of a man on the trapeze. A captivating contortionist whose flexibility is as impressive as her steadfast poise. An agile, adept acrobat and her strapping suitors! A swaying wire act of sure-footed strength and stability. The dizzying delights of a daring inventor in his tumbling, twirling hoop. The stunning, soaring beauty of a pair on aerial straps and a woman held aloft by hanging silks. A jaw-dropping juggling tango team performing to passionate rhythms. Bicyclists whose spinning wheels turn smooth and speedy stunts. Majestic horses with graceful gaits and playful pups with teasing tricks. And what circus would be complete without bumbling clowns who bring the spirit of timeless comedy?! It’s all led by an affable Ringmaster and the great Big Apple Circus Band playing history’s iconic songs.
- From the U.S., the Acrobuffos, the husband-and-wife clown team, bring gales of laughter to the Big Apple Circus with their slapstick comedy!
- From Bulgaria, Andrey Mantchev takes to the skies in a solo trapeze act of mid-air flips and jaw-dropping catches!
- From China, the all-female Dalian Acrobatic Troupe performs perilous poses of superior synchronization on bicycles!
- From Canada, Daniel Cyr spirals and spins around the ring in a steel hoop of his own invention!
- From Russia, breathtaking duo Desire of Flight (Valeriy Sychev and Malvina Abakarova) defies gravity in soaring stunts on aerial straps!
- From Russia, Ekaterina Stepanova is a lithe vision of grace wrapped and whirling in aerial silks!
- From Argentina, Elayne Kramer astounds with a backbone as flexible as an archer’s bow!
- From France and the Netherlands, Emily and Menno van Dyke combine the dramatic passion of tango with rhythmic juggling for a dance of flawless coordination!
- From the U.S., Jenny Vidbel exudes pure pride with her handsome horses, prancing ponies, and perky pups!
- From the U.S., John Kennedy Kane is a debonair ringmaster guiding you through the world of the circus!
- From Hungary, the Quinterion Troupe demonstrates unparalleled power as sculpted men flip, throw, and catch a fearless maiden!
- From China, Zhang Fan faces the ultimate test of balance, performing stunts of sheer strength on a swaying slack wire!
- The show runs 2 hours, including a 15 minute intermission after the first hour. _
About the Ticket Supplier: Big Apple CircusAs a leading presenter of family entertainment and a not-for-profit performing arts institution, our nationwide performances and community programs have made our 34-year history far-reaching and full.
It all began in Kent, England, in 1974, when American entertainers and Big Apple Circus co-founders Paul Binder and Michael Christensen became juggling partners and took to the street corners of Europe. Their comedic juggling act was a hit, and they soon found themselves on the stage of the presitigous Nouveau Cirque de Paris. They returned home to America in 1976 with a vision: to entertain and improve the lives of millions. One year later, they found a site for the first tent-raising in Battery Park, New York, and went on to create the award-winning, not-for-profit Big Apple Circus.