Acrobatic Urban Circus Traces -- As Seen on America's Got Talent
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Traces have expired.
The last date listed for Traces was Saturday September 1, 2012 / 3:30pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- SOLD OUT
The glowlight-suited dance group iLuminate -- who rose to fame on the sixth season of television's America's Got Talent -- brings you a story of adventure and romance told through the dance styles of hip-hop, breaking & locking, and contemporary jazz, fused with the power of light. This unique dance-in-the-dark spectacular is a mash-up of dazzling wizardry, cool dance moves, high-tech effects and original music from some of this year's hottest bands. Sharon Osbourne called it "breathtaking and brilliant," and Ellen DeGeneres added, it's "amazing, electrifying, fantastic." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- From July 19 - August 12, 2012, Goldstar members will receive a coupon for a free drink with their ticket.
- "A gorgeously pure, loose and personal circus...the audience immediately understands that it is in the presence of seven massively talented performers." --<em>The Chicago Tribune</em>, rated 4 out of 4 stars
- “Beautifully choreographed and hugely impressive." --<em>Time Out Chicago</em>
- “An exquisitely timed and energetic display that calls for gifts extending from dance and music through acrobatics and skateboarding. A fix of pure urban adrenaline.” --<em>The New York Times</em>
- "Part theatre, part circus and totally amazing." --<em>Ottawa Citizen</em>
- "<em>Traces</em> leaves an indelible mark." --<em>Daily Mail</em>
- See <em>Traces</em>' official <a target="_blank" href="http://tracesusa.com/">website</a> and a YouTube preview <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQ8t0d9ew0">video</a> of the show.
7 Fingers (Les 7 doigts de la main) are an astonishingly talented young French Canadian company who have pioneered a whole new brand of circus. Their show Traces was a runaway hit at the Edinburgh Festival in 2007.
The name of the Montreal-based performance group that gave life to Traces – 7 Fingers – is a twist on a French idiom ("the five fingers of the hand") used to describe distinct, individual parts moving in coordination towards one common goal. Founded in Montreal by seven seasoned circus performers, and now with five touring shows, this collective has charmed audiences across the globe with their strikingly human and unprecedented multi-disciplinary approach to circus, moving their distinct parts towards common artistic goals.
Traces amazes with high-energy urban acrobatics that are at once poetic and explosive, humorous and thoughtful. Combining traditional acrobatic forms with street elements such as skateboarding and basketball, mixed in with some theatre and contemporary dance, it surprises, awes and delights at every turn.
The troupe of seven performers delivers gravity-defying displays of skill which include traditional Chinese acrobatics such as balancing on each other's heads, tumbling through hoops, and scaling giant poles without the use of hands.