Acrobatic Urban Circus Traces -- As Seen on America's Got Talent
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Traces have expired.
The last date listed for Traces was Saturday September 1, 2012 / 3:30pm.
Currently at The Union Square Theatre- New York City:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $32.00 - $41.00
La Soirée is a mind-bending cocktail of cabaret, new burlesque, circus sideshow and contemporary variety acts. This little show with a big heart has seduced audiences around the world, earning rave reviews, applause and awards in London, Paris, Chicago, Sydney and more. Expect the unexpected from this traveling band of troubadours and cabaret royalty who will present an array of acts to amaze and entertain you. This glamorous affair is perfect for those who enjoy both the risky and the risqué, so come one, come all to a night that's delicious, delirious and a little bit deviant. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- From July 19 - August 12, 2012, Goldstar members will receive a coupon for a free drink with their ticket.
- "A gorgeously pure, loose and personal circus...the audience immediately understands that it is in the presence of seven massively talented performers." --The Chicago Tribune, rated 4 out of 4 stars
- “Beautifully choreographed and hugely impressive." --Time Out Chicago
- “An exquisitely timed and energetic display that calls for gifts extending from dance and music through acrobatics and skateboarding. A fix of pure urban adrenaline.” --The New York Times
- "Part theatre, part circus and totally amazing." --Ottawa Citizen
- "Traces leaves an indelible mark." --Daily Mail
- See Traces' official website and a YouTube preview video of the show.
7 Fingers (Les 7 doigts de la main) are an astonishingly talented young French Canadian company who have pioneered a whole new brand of circus. Their show Traces was a runaway hit at the Edinburgh Festival in 2007.
The name of the Montreal-based performance group that gave life to Traces – 7 Fingers – is a twist on a French idiom ("the five fingers of the hand") used to describe distinct, individual parts moving in coordination towards one common goal. Founded in Montreal by seven seasoned circus performers, and now with five touring shows, this collective has charmed audiences across the globe with their strikingly human and unprecedented multi-disciplinary approach to circus, moving their distinct parts towards common artistic goals.
Traces amazes with high-energy urban acrobatics that are at once poetic and explosive, humorous and thoughtful. Combining traditional acrobatic forms with street elements such as skateboarding and basketball, mixed in with some theatre and contemporary dance, it surprises, awes and delights at every turn.
The troupe of seven performers delivers gravity-defying displays of skill which include traditional Chinese acrobatics such as balancing on each other's heads, tumbling through hoops, and scaling giant poles without the use of hands.