With Glee: A New Old-Fashioned Musical Comedy About Boarding School Boys
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for With Glee have expired.
The last date listed for With Glee was Sunday August 29, 2010 / 3:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $79.00 - $127.00
- Our Price:
- $65.00 - $79.00
In downtown Philadelphia, a down-and-out boxer is struggling to get by when the chance of a lifetime comes along. He doesn't have long to get back in fighting shape, but if he does it, this could be his best shot to become a champion, and his last chance for love. The massively popular movie about the ultimate underdog inspired this innovative new stage production, brought to life by a five-time Tony Award-winning creative team, including director Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and book writers Thomas Meehan (The Producers) and Sylvester Stallone, writer and star of the Rocky films. Featuring 20 original songs, plus hits from the films ("Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly Now"), Rocky is not only an adrenaline-fueled spectacle for anyone who was a fan of the movie, but it's also a surprising tale of romance that will touch the hearts of longtime musical theater fans. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- "Delightfully daffy ... musical numbers with surprise after surprise ... the perfect summer show!"--<em>The New York Time</em>s
- "Refreshing, unpretentiously smart and endearing ... a 90-minute work of imagination that finds real emotion in the playfulness."--<em>Newsday</em>
- "Self-awareness, charm and tremendous wit ... a goofy pleasure... The cast is fantastic, with the boys all pitch-perfect."--<em>The New York Observer</em>
- "The story moves and engages. You can't help but believe and accept these young people singing through their turbulent adolescent years ... Gregor's score is a marvel of unadorned simplicity. Irresistible."--<em>Talkin' Broadway</em>
- <a target="_blank" href="http://www.broadwaybullet.com/Podcast/vol410bb.mp3">Listen to the <em>Broadway Bullet</em> Podcast interview with the director!</a>
A new, old-fashioned musical comedy about five wayward, eccentric, isolated, awkward, sweet, naive, nerdy teenage boys who are sent away to a boarding school in Maine. As they revel in the trials of their freshman year—striving for acceptance, friendship, and normalcy—we are reminded that every life must be lived to its fullest, every song sung with glee.
Book, music, and lyrics by John Gregor
Directed by Igor Goldin
Music Director Daniel Feyer
Choreographer Antoinette DiPietropolo
Featuring: Zach Bandler, Christopher Davis Carlisle, Jason Edward Cook, Greg Horton, Erin Jerozal, Dan Lawler, Max Spitulnik