Avenue Q: The Tony-Winning Musical at New World Stages
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
- Thu, Dec 12 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Fri, Dec 13 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Sat, Dec 14 @ 2:30pm Check Availability $45.00
- Sat, Dec 14 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Sun, Dec 15 @ 3:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Sun, Dec 15 @ 7:30pm Check Availability $45.00
- Mon, Dec 16 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Wed, Dec 18 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Thu, Dec 19 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Fri, Dec 20 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Sat, Dec 21 @ 2:30pm Check Availability $45.00
- Sat, Dec 21 @ 8:00pm Sold Out
- Sun, Dec 22 @ 3:00pm Check Availability $45.00
- Sun, Dec 22 @ 7:30pm Check Availability $45.00
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
the musical is absolutely wonderful -- both hilarious and touching. i've seen it twice and loved it both times. the seats we got through goldstar were also perfect. Third row, smack center. When I bought the tickets I was worried because I couldn't choose the seats, but was happily surprised! also you get a free drink with the ticket. Completely and utterly satisfied with the purchase!
star this review starred report as inappropriate
An amusing show. Some very funny moments. The cast (humans) were wonderful and their puppets were awesome as well. The theater is very intimate, and even though our Goldstar seats were in the last row of the balcony, the view was superb.
Quotes & Highlights
- "A breakthrough musical ... savvy, sassy and delicious!" --The New York Times
- "Jaw-droppingly hilarious! One of the funniest shows you're likely to ever see." --Entertainment Weekly
After more than six years of delighting audiences at Broadway’s Golden Theatre, this deliciously naughty musical has taken its irresistible charm to New World Stages! Now, Avenue Q promises more belly laughs, more intimate moments and more full puppet nudity!
Avenue Q is the story of Princeton, a bright-eyed college grad who comes to New York City with big dreams and a tiny bank account. He soon discovers that the only neighborhood in his price range is Avenue Q; still, the neighbors seem nice. There's Brian the out-of-work comedian and his therapist fianceé Christmas Eve; Nicky the good-hearted slacker and his roommate Rod -- a Republican investment banker who seems to have some sort of secret; an Internet addict called Trekkie Monster; and a very cute kindergarten teaching assistant named Kate. Together, Princeton and his newfound friends struggle to find jobs, dates, and their ever-elusive purpose in life.
Adults love Avenue Q, but they seem a little, er, fuzzy on whether it's appropriate for kids. We'll try to clear that up. Avenue Q is great for teenagers because it's about real life. It may not be appropriate for young children because Avenue Q addresses issues like sex, drinking, and surfing the web for porn. It's hard to say what exact age is right to see Avenue Q — parents should use their discretion based on the maturity level of their children. But we promise you this — if you DO bring your teenagers to Avenue Q, they'll think you're really cool.
Avenue Q opened off-broadway at the Vineyard Theatre in March 2003, where it gained rave reviews, and was extended four times! It won the 2003 Lucille Lortel Award for Outstanding New Musical, as well as a nomination for the 2003 Outer Critics Circle Outstanding Off-Broadway Musical award. It began previews at the Golden Theatre on July 11th, 2003, with a July 31, 2003 opening. Avenue Q played its final Broadway performance on September 13, 2009 before moving to the New World Stages.
Running time is 2 hours and 15 minutes with one 15 minute intermission.