BARE, the Award-Winning Coming-of-Age Musical Comes to NYC
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for BARE: The Musical have expired.
The last date listed for BARE: The Musical was Sunday March 3, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $79.00 - $127.00
- Our Price:
- $65.00 - $79.00
In downtown Philadelphia, a down-and-out boxer is struggling to get by when the chance of a lifetime comes along. He doesn't have long to get back in fighting shape, but if he does it, this could be his best shot to become a champion, and his last chance for love. The massively popular movie about the ultimate underdog inspired this innovative new stage production, brought to life by a five-time Tony Award-winning creative team, including director Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and book writers Thomas Meehan (The Producers) and Sylvester Stallone, writer and star of the Rocky films. Featuring 20 original songs, plus hits from the films ("Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly Now"), Rocky is not only an adrenaline-fueled spectacle for anyone who was a fan of the movie, but it's also a surprising tale of romance that will touch the hearts of longtime musical theater fans. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- “Winning, propulsively pop-rock and burning with youthful passion, <em>bare</em> moves, sings and plays with confidence.” – <a target="_blank" href="http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117948900/ "><em>Variety</em></a>
- “Touching and tender.” – <a target="_blank" href="http://theater.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/theater/reviews/bare-rock-musical-at-new-world-stages.html?_r=0 "><em>The New York Times </em></a>
- “Flush with feeling and nerve.” --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.timeout.com/newyork/theater/bare "><em>Time Out New York</em></a>
- “The pop-rock score is inspired.” –<a target="_blank" href="http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20364394_20655341,00.html "><em>Entertainment Weekly</em></a>
- “A flawlessly executed, powerful rock musical.” –<a target="_blank" href="http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/reviews/12-2012/bare_63911.html"><em>Theatermania</em></a>
*This show is recommended for those age 14 or older due to strong language and adult subject matter.
About the Ticket Supplier: BARE - Broadway InboundThrough its pulsating rock score and emotionally charged story, BARE has thrilled and moved audiences around the world since its first staging in Los Angeles over a decade ago.
A contemporary rock musical, BARE follows a group of teens wrestling with issues of identity, sexuality, and religion at a co-ed Catholic boarding school. Provocative, raw, and unyielding in its exploration of how today's generation navigates the tightrope between adolescence and adulthood, BARE examines the consequences of baring a soul -- or hiding it from those who matter most.