Jay Johnson: The Two and Only! On Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theatre
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Jay Johnson: The Two and Only! have expired.
The last date listed for Jay Johnson: The Two and Only! was Wednesday November 22, 2006 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Helen Hayes Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $89.00
She was just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world ... until arriving on the Sunset Strip circa 1987, where she meets a big-city boy. Nominated for five 2009 Tony Awards including Best Musical and called "insanely fun" by Time Out New York, the Broadway smash hit Rock of Ages follows two teens with big dreams and even bigger hair as they face speed bumps on the road to love, set to the music of Journey, Night Ranger, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and more. This hilarious, high-energy production includes such classic '80s hits as "Don't Stop Believin'," "We Built This City," "The Final Countdown," "Wanted Dead or Alive," "Here I Go Again," "Can't Fight This Feeling" and "I Want to Know What Love Is." You won't want to miss this awesomely fun show about dreaming big, playing loud and partying on. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- "A surprising and extremely funny show! Very entertaining! A feat of sheer virtuosity!" --New York Post
- "Extremely funny! A super-virtuoso! I expected to enjoy 'The Two and Only,' but I didn't expect to be touched, much less to find my eyes growing moist." --The Wall Street Journal
- "An irresistible blend of schmaltz and savvy! Johnson's rapport with the audience and with his puppets is consistently superb. Hugely ingratiating!" --New York Sun
- "Splendid, hilarious, giddy entertainment!" --Associated Press
- "Packed with laugh-out-loud comedy, tearful poignancy, and amazing skill! A work of art! A family-friendly show that parents may well love even more than their kids. You can be sure it will be in residence on Broadway for a very long time!" --Theatermania.com
- "Jay Johnson reaches out and tickles the child in all of us! It's a real pleasure to spend such quality time with him and his chatty comrades in arms!" --The Journal News
- "Astoundingly entertaining! Jay Johnson's extraordinary 'The Two and Only!' earns its exclamation point and then some!” --Time Out NY
In the show, he takes us on a multi-dimensional journey that combines his skills with a parade of characters that range from a subversive monkey to a withering tennis ball. He is a writer, philosopher, comic, poet, and artist. Jay Johnson: The Two and Only! comes to Broadway after receiving rave reviews during its triumphant off-Broadway, Los Angeles, and Boston engagements.