On the Outskirts of Everything: Tim Collins' Acclaimed Solo Show
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for On the Outskirts of Everything have expired.
The last date listed for On the Outskirts of Everything was Thursday March 21, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Stage Left Studio:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Spicy and scandalous secrets -- as well as tales of personal embarrassment -- pepper The Closet Bitch, the controversial one-woman show from acclaimed actress and writer Shana Solomon. Thanks to a very understanding family (and statutes of limitations), Solomon can now perform this revealing and deeply personal piece where she plays 13 characters, including a Jewish boss, a Puerto Rican mistress, an Italian co-worker and a drug-dealing, Ivy-League-educated father. Winner of the esteemed IFNY Monologue Slam, Solomon brings this raw, true and completely hilarious show to Stage Left Studio. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Collins is a writer and actor of enormous intelligence, range, and sensitivity. His ability to crystallize much of what’s ailing the American psyche just now is both uncanny and invaluable." --Martin Denton, NYTheatre.com
- <em>"</em>Tim Collins' intense, whirlwind tour of how they degrade human consciousness to the point where what we have been brought up to regard as sanity, even humanity, is not only out of our reach, but irrelevant, is a work of genius and shows, more than any other solo theater piece I have seen, just what the medium can achieve. This is the future of solo theater." --Michael Miller, New York Arts
- “Devilishly skewering.” --<em>Boston Globe </em>
- “Extraordinary …Tim Collins’ solo show is truly artful and even Shavian. …he presents multiple sides to the many issues he raises.” –<em>Intermission Magazine</em>
- <em> </em> “Powerful . . . Collins brought a chilling, unpredictable energy to the stage.” –Steve Feeney, <em>Portland Press Herald </em>
Six monologues, six characters, six men on the edge. Observe, as an anger management support group slowly spirals into chaos. Submit to the awesome power of Google. Learn everything there is to know about love from a stuffed animal. Understand your role in the Universe by obeying The Dog Whisperer. And get everything you’ve ever truly wanted while waiting in line at McDonald’s. Frenetic, comedic, dramatic monologues, all new, just for you.