Soul Doctor Brings the Rockstar Rabbi to Broadway
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Soul Doctor have expired.
The last date listed for Soul Doctor was Sunday September 29, 2013 / 3:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $79.00 - $127.00
- Our Price:
- $65.00 - $79.00
In downtown Philadelphia, a down-and-out boxer is struggling to get by when the chance of a lifetime comes along. He doesn't have long to get back in fighting shape, but if he does it, this could be his best shot to become a champion, and his last chance for love. The massively popular movie about the ultimate underdog inspired this innovative new stage production, brought to life by a five-time Tony Award-winning creative team, including director Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and book writers Thomas Meehan (The Producers) and Sylvester Stallone, writer and star of the Rocky films. Featuring 20 original songs, plus hits from the films ("Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly Now"), Rocky is not only an adrenaline-fueled spectacle for anyone who was a fan of the movie, but it's also a surprising tale of romance that will touch the hearts of longtime musical theater fans. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Felicita Velez
view more less of this review
Went with my sister to see Soul Doctor; we enjoyed it completely. The seats were fabulous, 4th row up! can't get any better than that. The story was easy to follow and the music was heart stumping and energetic. The audience become part of the play since the actors come up and down the ailes. Everyone should see this terrific play about what music can do to make us all a better person. Loved it.
Quotes & Highlights
- Check out a <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=58wO-iZ4sG8">sneak peek</a> of a rehearsal for the show on YouTube.
- Follow the production on <a target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/SoulDoctorBroadway">Facebook</a>.
- “As he transforms from rabbi to kinetic dynamo, Eric Anderson imbues his numbers with their own arc, building to a joyous, leaping roar!" —<em>The New York Times</em>
- "It's more than just a show, it's a transformative theatrical experience." —Larry King, on the show’s off-Broadway run
- Read a review of the show's off-Broadway run in the <em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/rocking_tale_of_star_sung_in_shlomo_VuZTYpHuLXm5N2LzepDsuK">New York Post</a></em>.