The 5 Browns: Pianist Siblings Play Carnegie Hall
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The 5 Browns have expired.
The last date listed for The 5 Browns was Friday October 18, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $100.00
- Our Price:
- $10.00 - $50.00
Get inspired at this evening of music celebrating life and freedom, including the New York premiere of Dan Forrest's Requiem for the Living, a lush work for full orchestra and choir. This moving piece is an uplifting and inspiring perspective on life, love, loss, and renewal. Moving from the personal to the political, the evening will also feature the patriotic The Testament of Freedom by Randall Thompson and The Gettysburg Address by Mark Hayes. The Testament of Freedom was written for the bicentennial of Thomas Jefferson's birth with text taken from his writings. Written during World War II, it became popular as an uplifting message about the United States during wartime. The Gettysburg Address takes the immortal speech of Abraham Lincoln and sets it to a dramatic orchestral score. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Visit The 5 Browns website.
- “Five Mormon siblings, all pianists, are missionaries for Bach and Mozart” --NY Times
- “Astonishing precision” --Chicago Tribune
- “Individually uniquely talented, together a virtual powerhouse” --Today Show
- “They broke down the barriers of the traditional piano recital” --Washington Post
- “When they play Rachmaninoff, they’ll make you forget about Marshall Amps.” --Washington Post
Running Time: 2 hours