A Big, Gay, North Hollywood Wedding - An Interactive Ceremony & Reception
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for A Big, Gay, North Hollywood Wedding have expired.
The last date listed for A Big, Gay, North Hollywood Wedding was Sunday March 21, 2010 / 3:00pm.
Currently at Crown City Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
When wallflower Charlie Baker goes on a getaway to a fishing lodge in Georgia, all he wants is peace and quiet. He can't avoid the other guests, though, so a helpful friend "saves" him by claiming he is a foreigner who cannot speak or understand English. Comedy ensues as everyone unwittingly reveals their secrets and scandals to Charlie, thinking he can't understand. What started as a serene getaway becomes a hive of drama and intrigue in this exceedingly clever and outrageously funny farce. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Geralyn
view more less of this review
From the moment we took our seats as "friends of the groom" we were part of the fabric of this wonderfully wacky wedding. The cast goes out of the way to make you feel very comfortable in joining their ensemble - while never breaking character. Brent's parents are a hoot and a half - his father Phil is always reacting to what's going on - you can look at him anytime throughout the performance for a laugh. I danced with Uncle Morty - what a charmer! His sista and her dotter from New Jersey hit every stereotype without being stereotypically predictable. Simone and L are AbFab! I really got into being part of this production. It was Sunday afternoon - a smaller crowd -to be sure but the cast ate us up! Bring your camera - and some singles for the bar.....there isn't a bad seat or performance in the house. I'll be going back.
Quotes & Highlights
- "This Big Gay Wedding is two hours of interactive hilarity and a show not to be missed!...You'll be wanting to go back again and again with friends in tow...a smashing good time!" --<em>Stagescenela.com</em>
- "...this entire huge cast gives focused and hilarious depictions...Outrageously entertaining...For a roaring good time I highly recommend that you attend this one." --<em>Tolucan Times</em>
Protestors welcome -- as long as they buy a ticket.
NOTE: No one under 12 years old will be admitted.
February 14, Special Valentine's Day show with Gourmet Meal
- Stuffed Chicken Breast cutlets flattened and rolled with asparagus and herbs, roasted Potatoes, cornbread and whipped butter.
- Baconwrapped Slow-roasted Leg of Lamb with roasted cabbage, basil and grapes, roasted potatoes, arugula salad with pomegranate vinaigrette.
- Vegetarian Frittata with Mushrooms and Basil, roasted Potatoes, arugula salad with pomegranate vinaigrette.