Cooperstown: Brian Golden's Drama Tackles Love, Race and Baseball
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Cooperstown have expired.
The last date listed for Cooperstown was Saturday July 13, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Currently at The Road on Magnolia:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
An accomplished screenwriter debuts his first work for the stage when The Different Shades of Hugh premieres at The Road on Magnolia. The multi-talented Clete Keith, writer of more than 25 screenplays including Instant Trauma and 3 Days Blind, has written a dramatic and very personal play about the creative process itself. Funny, beautiful and ultimately moving, The Different Shades of Hugh allows you, the audience, to experience an artist and his process up close. Distinguished director and actor Sam Anderson (Forrest Gump, Lost) directs this fascinating and provocative production. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Director Darryl Johnson's cast perform consistently well ... There is much to enjoy here, especially if you're a baseball fan." --<em>LA Weekly</em>
- "Director Darryl Johnson’s light touch saves the story from being bombastic or melodramatic, even as the characters’ revelations of their secrets unfold. Very well cast, the ensemble is perfectly natural and engaging. It is a fine-tuned production inaugurating the Road Theatre Company’s second space, The Road on Magnolia." --<a target="_blank" href="http://artsinla.com/Theater_Reviews.html">ArtsInLA.com</a>
- "Powerful and poignant" —<a target="_blank" href="http://nohoartsdistrict.com/theatre-guide/theatre-reviews">Nohoartsdistrict.com</a>
- "The multilayered journey and the final outcome here, are compellingly entertaining, and heart touching." –<em>Tolucan Times </em>
- "There’s not an unsympathetic character on the Road On Magnolia stage, and with director Darryl Johnson coaxing pitch-perfect performances from an impassioned Burroughs, a feisty Grant, a perky Shoemaker, a peppy McNeill, and vibrant Hu, there’s not a weak-link in the cast."--<em>StageSceneLA</em>