Finding Fossils: L.A. Premiere of Father-Son Fourth of July Drama
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Finding Fossils have expired.
The last date listed for Finding Fossils was Sunday March 25, 2012 / 7:00pm (Closing Night).
Currently at Road Theatre @ Lankershim Arts Center:
- Full Price:
- $34.00 - $60.00
- Our Price:
- $17.00 - $30.00
Albie Selznick, a lifetime member of The Magic Castle and an accomplished actor whose credits include Dexter, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, moves his popular show to North Hollywood. A Los Angeles Times Critics' Choice event, Smoke and Mirrors is an engaging mix of comedy, theater and magic that finds Selznick telling his own story of facing his deepest fears, bonding with legend Harry Houdini and achieving membership in an exclusive inner circle of magicians, weaving it with some truly astonishing illusions. Selznick was a co-founder of The Mums, a popular circus act in the '80s and '90s that opened for Devo and Duran Duran and counted David Bowie and Sting among their fans. A strolling magician will perform among the audience before the show. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
A trio of talented actors in a small, intimate drama about a dysfunctional father-son relationship. The characters are well-crafted and the cast brings them to life so completely that by the end of the play, you feel emotionally invested in the outcome and leave the theater with a lump in your throat. Recommended!
Quotes & Highlights
- "The excellent actors convey their ragged emotional journey with precision and detail." --StageMage
- "It's a flawless production, well thought-through and entertaining as all get-out. Do see it." --stagehappenings.com
- "Simply put, you won't find three finer performances than those given by Finding Fossils' trio of stars." --StageSceneLA
- "The play is....poignant, with authentically lived-in performances by all three men..." --LA Stage Times.
- "This flawlessly acted three character play ... is totally engrossing." --Tolucan Times
- "Under Suzanne Hunt's capable direction, "Fossils" suggests an inversion of the film "Beginners" by way of a bucolic dramedy." --Los Angeles Times
About the Ticket Supplier: Road Theatre Company
Since the Road was founded in 1991, we have built a reputation for supporting, nurturing, and presenting new works. We are also deeply invested in our NoHo community and the neighborhood's revitalization, and involve ourselves in community service and educational outreach.