Sex, Drugs and Clowns Make Up the Dark Comedy That Good Night
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for That Good Night have expired.
The last date listed for That Good Night was Saturday August 4, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Road Theatre @ Lankershim Arts Center:
- Full Price:
- $34.00 - $60.00
- Our Price:
- $17.00 - $30.00
Albie Selznick, a lifetime member of The Magic Castle and an accomplished actor whose credits include Dexter, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, moves his popular show to North Hollywood. A Los Angeles Times Critics' Choice event, Smoke and Mirrors is an engaging mix of comedy, theater and magic that finds Selznick telling his own story of facing his deepest fears, bonding with legend Harry Houdini and achieving membership in an exclusive inner circle of magicians, weaving it with some truly astonishing illusions. Selznick was a co-founder of The Mums, a popular circus act in the '80s and '90s that opened for Devo and Duran Duran and counted David Bowie and Sting among their fans. A strolling magician will perform among the audience before the show. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "It’s surprising that anyone can concoct yet another black comedy about a woefully dysfunctional family, but give Andrew Dolan a gold star ... Under director Scott Alan Smith’s nurturance, the exemplary cast morphs into a credible family, with every lingering hurt and happy shared memory clearly visible." --Back Stage West (Critic's Pick)
- "Playwright Andrew Dolan puts his new play, That Good Night at the Road Theatre Company, neatly through the goalposts ... Director Scott Alan Smith’s emotionally acute staging scores huge laughs." --Los Angeles Times
- "That Good Night is dark comedy at its finest. It’ll undoubtedly make you laugh, it may make you cry, and if you let it, it just might tear you apart."--nohoartsdistrict.com
- "Oh no, not another play about a dysfunctional family! Well, this one is really worth seeing, not just for the well-written dialogue by Andrew Dolan, but by the stupendous performances by a cast from The Road Theatre Company in North Hollywood." --StageHappenings.com
- "That Good Night [is] a magnificent Irish family brawl, brought to tender and rip-roaring life by the superb cast and Scott Alan Smith’s assured direction. Andrew Nolan’s roller coaster play will have many of us comparing notes with our own families’ odysseys through the last several decades." --Burbank 'N Beyond
- That Good Night is Ovation recommended.
The Road Theatre Company and Taylor Gilbert, Founder/Artistic Director together with Sam Anderson, Artistic Director, are thrilled to announce in this, their 21st season, the world premiere of That Good Night, written by Andrew Dolan (The Many Mistresses of Martin Luther King) and directed by Scott Alan Smith (Lady).
About the Ticket Supplier: Road Theatre Company
Since the Road was founded in 1991, we have built a reputation for supporting, nurturing, and presenting new works. We are also deeply invested in our NoHo community and the neighborhood's revitalization, and involve ourselves in community service and educational outreach.