Sex, Drugs and Clowns Make Up the Dark Comedy That Good Night
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for That Good Night have expired.
The last date listed for That Good Night was Saturday August 4, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "It’s surprising that anyone can concoct yet another black comedy about a woefully dysfunctional family, but give Andrew Dolan a gold star ... Under director Scott Alan Smith’s nurturance, the exemplary cast morphs into a credible family, with every lingering hurt and happy shared memory clearly visible." --<em>Back Stage West </em>(Critic's Pick)
- "Playwright Andrew Dolan puts his new play, <em>That Good Night </em>at the Road Theatre Company, neatly through the goalposts ... Director Scott Alan Smith’s emotionally acute staging scores huge laughs." --<em>Los Angeles Times </em>
- <em>"</em><em>That Good Night</em> is dark comedy at its finest. It’ll undoubtedly make you laugh, it may make you cry, and if you let it, it just might tear you apart."--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.nohoartsdistrict.com/index.php/theatre-guide/theatre-reviews/item/1225-theatre-review--that-good-night">nohoartsdistrict.com</a>
- "Oh no, not another play about a dysfunctional family! Well, this one is really worth seeing, not just for the well-written dialogue by Andrew Dolan, but by the stupendous performances by a cast from The Road Theatre Company in North Hollywood." --StageHappenings.com
- "<em>That Good Night</em> [is] a magnificent Irish family brawl, brought to tender and rip-roaring life by the superb cast and Scott Alan Smith’s assured direction. Andrew Nolan’s roller coaster play will have many of us comparing notes with our own families’ odysseys through the last several decades." --<em>Burbank 'N Beyond</em>
- <em>That Good Night</em> is Ovation recommended.
The Road Theatre Company and Taylor Gilbert, Founder/Artistic Director together with Sam Anderson, Artistic Director, are thrilled to announce in this, their 21st season, the world premiere of That Good Night, written by Andrew Dolan (The Many Mistresses of Martin Luther King) and directed by Scott Alan Smith (Lady).