The Water's Edge: Contemporary Drama Recalls Greek Tragedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Water's Edge have expired.
The last date listed for The Water's Edge was Saturday April 28, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Superbly realized ... absorbing ... intense ... Patrick Rieger goes from endearing to chilling in a breakout performance ... Just try to look away." --<em>Los Angeles Times</em> (Critic's Choice)
- An excellent production of an intriguing play ... a terrific West Coast premiere. Sam Anderson elicits fantastic work from his cast." --<em>LAist</em>
- "<em>The Water’s Edge</em> is definitely a play you don’t want to miss. It’s the kind of play that everyone stands outside and talks about after it’s over. Suffice it to say that all the production qualities are award-worthy." --<em>LA Examiner</em>
- "A nuanced ensemble brings an authentic mix of light and dark to the painful proceedings of a fractured family reunion." --<em>Back Stage </em>
- "The Road Theatre troupe, one of the best in Los Angeles, never fails to astound. This dark, involving look at family dynamics and human frailty is no exception." --<em>Tolucan Times </em>
Cast: Lauren Birriel*, Nicole Farmer, Paris Perrault*, Patrick Rieger and Albie Selznick
* denotes member of Actors' Equity Association