The Water's Edge: Contemporary Drama Recalls Greek Tragedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Water's Edge have expired.
The last date listed for The Water's Edge was Saturday April 28, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Road Theatre @ Lankershim Arts Center:
- Full Price:
- $34.00 - $60.00
- Our Price:
- $17.00 - $30.00
Albie Selznick, a lifetime member of The Magic Castle and an accomplished actor whose credits include Dexter, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, moves his popular show to North Hollywood. A Los Angeles Times Critics' Choice event, Smoke and Mirrors is an engaging mix of comedy, theater and magic that finds Selznick telling his own story of facing his deepest fears, bonding with legend Harry Houdini and achieving membership in an exclusive inner circle of magicians, weaving it with some truly astonishing illusions. Selznick was a co-founder of The Mums, a popular circus act in the '80s and '90s that opened for Devo and Duran Duran and counted David Bowie and Sting among their fans. A strolling magician will perform among the audience before the show. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Superbly realized ... absorbing ... intense ... Patrick Rieger goes from endearing to chilling in a breakout performance ... Just try to look away." --Los Angeles Times (Critic's Choice)
- An excellent production of an intriguing play ... a terrific West Coast premiere. Sam Anderson elicits fantastic work from his cast." --LAist
- "The Water’s Edge is definitely a play you don’t want to miss. It’s the kind of play that everyone stands outside and talks about after it’s over. Suffice it to say that all the production qualities are award-worthy." --LA Examiner
- "A nuanced ensemble brings an authentic mix of light and dark to the painful proceedings of a fractured family reunion." --Back Stage
- "The Road Theatre troupe, one of the best in Los Angeles, never fails to astound. This dark, involving look at family dynamics and human frailty is no exception." --Tolucan Times
Cast: Lauren Birriel*, Nicole Farmer, Paris Perrault*, Patrick Rieger and Albie Selznick
* denotes member of Actors' Equity Association
About the Ticket Supplier: Road Theatre Company
Since the Road was founded in 1991, we have built a reputation for supporting, nurturing, and presenting new works. We are also deeply invested in our NoHo community and the neighborhood's revitalization, and involve ourselves in community service and educational outreach.