Legendarium: Big Apple Circus Takes a Trip Into History
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Legendarium have expired.
The last date listed for Legendarium was Sunday June 16, 2013 / 3:00pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $65.00 - $99.00
- Our Price:
- $42.00 - $73.00
The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is a one-of-a-kind celebration that brings together family, friends, and loved ones. The Rockettes dazzle in brilliant dance numbers and Radio City is aglow with the joy of the season. Follow Santa on his sleigh ride, see ice skaters swirl across the stage, and catch a snowflake or two in this immersive theatrical experience like no other. And this year, marvel at the magic of Santa's enchanted toy factory! They're bringing back a fan favorite to Santa's workshop, with charming rag dolls that come to life. No one says Merry Christmas quite like the Rockettes! From the festive Radio City Music Hall, to the dazzling falling snow in the theater, to the unforgettable Rockettes, they bring you the best of the season. Join them this year at Radio City and make this Christmas spectacular! Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
The prior years experience was more exciting , as this year seemed to be toned down. With the exception with one or two artists the thrill just wasn't there. The seating was improperly done, as we sat behind others in chairs on the same level, and...continued
star this review starred report as inappropriate
My daugther is an animal activist so I wanted a circus that empahsized acrobatics and this did not disappoint (though there was one horse act to worry about.) The clown couple was funny and interacted with the audience a lot, the daring feats were...continued
Welcome to the Big Apple Circus Legendarium, where you will experience the nostalgic thrills of historic big tops and get a firsthand view of beauties, daredevils and clowns from another era! For their 35th season production, no seat is more than 50 feet from the world’s most spectacular circus performers.
Travel back to when circus traditions were born and witness incredible acts that would have had the villagers chattering for days. The courageous mid-air flips and catches of a man on the trapeze. A captivating contortionist whose flexibility is as impressive as her steadfast poise. An agile, adept acrobat and her strapping suitors! A swaying wire act of sure-footed strength and stability. The dizzying delights of a daring inventor in his tumbling, twirling hoop. The stunning, soaring beauty of a pair on aerial straps and a woman held aloft by hanging silks. A jaw-dropping juggling tango team performing to passionate rhythms. Bicyclists whose spinning wheels turn smooth and speedy stunts. Majestic horses with graceful gaits and playful pups with teasing tricks. And what circus would be complete without bumbling clowns who bring the spirit of timeless comedy?! It’s all led by an affable Ringmaster and the great Big Apple Circus Band playing history’s iconic songs.
- From the U.S., the Acrobuffos, the husband-and-wife clown team, bring gales of laughter to the Big Apple Circus with their slapstick comedy.
- From Bulgaria, Andrey Mantchev takes to the skies in a solo trapeze act of mid-air flips and jaw-dropping catches.
- From China, the all-female Dalian Acrobatic Troupe performs perilous poses of superior synchronization on bicycles.
- From Canada, Daniel Cyr spirals and spins around the ring in a steel hoop of his own invention.
- From Russia, breathtaking duo Desire of Flight (Valeriy Sychev and Malvina Abakarova) defies gravity in soaring stunts on aerial straps.
- From Russia, Ekaterina Stepanova is a lithe vision of grace wrapped and whirling in aerial silks.
- From Argentina, Elayne Kramer astounds with a backbone as flexible as an archer’s bow.
- From France and the Netherlands, Emily and Menno van Dyke combine the dramatic passion of tango with rhythmic juggling for a dance of flawless coordination.
- From the U.S., Jenny Vidbel exudes pure pride with her handsome horses, prancing ponies and perky pups.
- From the U.S., John Kennedy Kane is a debonair ringmaster guiding you through the world of the circus.
- From Hungary, the Quinterion Troupe demonstrates unparalleled power as sculpted men flip, throw and catch a fearless maiden.
- From China, Zhang Fan faces the ultimate test of balance, performing stunts of sheer strength on a swaying slack wire.
The show runs two hours, including one 15-minute intermission after the first hour._
About the Ticket Supplier: Big Apple CircusAs a leading presenter of family entertainment and a not-for-profit performing arts institution, our nationwide performances and community programs have made our 34-year history far-reaching and full.
It all began in Kent, England, in 1974, when American entertainers and Big Apple Circus co-founders Paul Binder and Michael Christensen became juggling partners and took to the street corners of Europe. Their comedic juggling act was a hit, and they soon found themselves on the stage of the presitigous Nouveau Cirque de Paris. They returned home to America in 1976 with a vision: to entertain and improve the lives of millions. One year later, they found a site for the first tent-raising in Battery Park, New York, and went on to create the award-winning, not-for-profit Big Apple Circus.