Trekkies Assimilate During Chicago's Official Star Trek Convention
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Official Star Trek Convention: The Celebration of the 45th Anniversary have expired.
The last date listed for The Official Star Trek Convention: The Celebration of the 45th Anniversary was Saturday October 1, 2011 / All Day (10:45am - 6:00pm).
Most Popular Movies Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Watching a live performance of the Royal Shakespeare Company in the playwright's hometown of Stratford-upon-Avon is truly bucket-list worthy, a cultural event of the highest order. But now you can enjoy just such an experience without the hassle and expense of traveling "across the pond." The Music Box Theatre is screening a broadcast of the RSC's live performance of Richard II. From the comfort of the Music Box, you can watch the play's pageantry and drama unfold in glorious high definition. More poet than monarch, Richard is ill-suited for the throne, unlike his cunning and capable cousin Henry who eventually topples him. But when Richard loses his earthly power, he receives a revelation far more important than any kingdom. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Nermina
view more less of this review
Me and my husband went in TNG costumes and we had a great time. We really enjoyed guest appearances on Saturday and we had a chance to meet other fans. It was our first ST Con in Chicago and if we didn't have Goldstar we wouldn't have idea that there was ST Con in this area. We also expected much larger space with much more vendors considering the size of Chicago.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
It was smaller than I expected, but it was a lot of fun. In face, the smaller size make it easier to approach the Trekkers that were there so we were able to meet and greet with the stars of the show and hang out with some cool people.
The "Official Convention" Celebration of the 45th Anniversary of Star Trek concludes with a visit to Chicago, one of the true hotbeds of Trek fandom. Join the fun of a full weekend devoted to Gene Roddenberry's legacy and enjoy the guests, events, and fellow fans from around the globe! Creation Entertainment is working round the clock to provide a fantastic three days for all attendees. Visit the event website for the most up-to-date information.
* Leonard Nimoy (Spock). Appearing on stage Sunday and doing his photography seminar on Saturday evening from 7:30 pm to 9 pm.
* Brent Spiner ("Data" of Star Trek The Next Generation). Appearing Saturday and Sunday
* Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura of classic Star Trek). Appearing Saturday
* Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed of Star Trek: Enterprise). Appearing Friday
* Nana Visitor (Major Kira of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine). Appearing Sunday
* Arlene Martel (T'Pring in the classic original series episode "Amok Time").
* Jonathan Frakes - (Commander Riker of Star Trek: The Next Generation). Appearing Saturday and Sunday
* John De Lancie ("Q" of Star Trek: The Next Generation). Appearing Sunday
* Connor Trinneer ("Trip" of Star Trek: Enterprise). Appearing Friday
* Rene Auberjonois ("Odo" of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine). Appearing Sunday
* Garth Pillsbury (Original classic Star Trek: as Wilson in "Mirror, Mirror" and as Troglyte prisoner in "Cloud Minders").
About the Ticket Supplier: Creation Entertainment
Founded in 1971 by Gary Berman and Adam Malin, two young teenage sci-fi fans in New York, Creation Entertainment continues a 37 year tradition of producing the world’s leading conventions for fans of genre television and film. Inventing the concept of “traveling” fan conventions, Creation has brought its brand of live interactive entertainment events to over three million attendees throughout the United States, Canada and Great Britain.