Disney's Mary Poppins: Hit Broadway Musical at Sacramento Community Center Theater
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Mary Poppins have expired.
The last date listed for Mary Poppins was Saturday June 18, 2011 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $125.00
- Our Price:
- $12.00 - $75.00
A.C.T.'s acclaimed, music-infused adaptation of Dickens' beloved tale returns, in a sumptuous production that's become one of the Bay Area's favorite holiday traditions. A large, lively cast tells the story of lonely old miser Ebenezer Scrooge, a bah-humbuggy sort who's shown a second chance by four ghosts who visit him one spooky Christmas Eve. A classic story of redemption and forgiveness, A Christmas Carol captures the true spirit and magic of the holiday season, especially in this imaginative version written by A.C.T.'s own artistic director Carey Perloff and alumnus Paul Walsh. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
Although the first act was a bit slow and hard to understand for our younger children who have not seen Mary Poppins, the second act certainly made up for it. My kids were dancing in their seats to "Step in Time". The special effects were fantastic and we all had a terrific time.
Quotes & Highlights
- See the show's promo trailer on YouTube.
- "Family entertainment of the highest order." —Boston Globe
- “The high-flying spectacle, running on the rocket fuel of such memorable movie numbers as ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’ and ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,’ can’t help but be delightful.” --Los Angeles Times
- "An explosion of song, color and dance... Mary Poppins is the rare production that over-delivers at every level." --Variety
- "During its big, masterfully designed production numbers, Poppins weaves its own special brand of magic." --Orange County Register
- "A fresh fountain of youth that makes many a grown-up feel like a kid again." --USA Today
- Read the great reviews from Goldstar members who saw the Los Angeles engagement of Mary Poppins.
From London to New York and around the world, more than 5 million people have experienced the supercalifragilistic hit Broadway musical that the Los Angeles Times calls "a high-flying spectacle." Based on one of the best-loved Disney movies of all time, Mary Poppins tells the irresistible story of the remarkable nanny who soars in on a magical breeze and changes a family forever.
The show features over-the-top production numbers to such beloved songs as "A Spoonful of Sugar," "Let's Go Fly a Kite," "Feed the Birds," "Step In Time," and, of course, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," You'll fall in love with the one musical that can make everyone believe in the magic.
About the Ticket Supplier: California Musical Theatre
California Musical Theatre (once known as Sacramento Light Opera Association) - the Capital City's oldest professional performing arts organization and California's largest nonprofit musical theatre company was born in a parking lot, the product of a fortunate convergence of local boosterism and Broadway know-how, prudent business practices and theatrical artistry, compatible personalities and simple good luck.