FELA! Award-Winning Broadway Musical at the Ordway Center
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for FELA! have expired.
The last date listed for FELA! was Thursday June 14, 2012 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Ordway Center for the Performing Arts - Music Theater:
- Full Price:
- $76.00 - $107.00
- Our Price:
- $43.60 - $65.80
Join the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, the Lion, Dorothy and her little dog Toto, too, for this fresh adaptation of The Wizard of Oz, featuring new tunes by Tim Rice (Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita) and Andrew Lloyd Webber (The Phantom of the Opera, Cats). Everyone loves the story of the girl who wakes up in a strange land filled with witches and wizards, munchkins and monkeys -- and who makes some wonderful friends in her quest to find her way back home. Journey down the yellow brick road through the land of Oz to meet the Wizard while humming along to both new and memorable songs from the Oscar-winning film, including "Over the Rainbow," "We're Off to See the Wizard" and "If I Only Had a Brain." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Check out the official FELA! website for videos and more.
- Read the stellar Goldstar member reviews for this production's Los Angeles run, or check out the reviews of the show in Washington.
- "The hot (and seriously cool) energy that comes from the musical gospel preached by the title character of FELA! feels as if it could stretch easily to the borders of Manhattan and then across a river or two. There should be dancing in the streets!" --Ben Brantley, The New York Times
- "FELA! Is as rowdy as it is rousing. (It) is one of the most original and exciting shows to come around in a long while." --New York Daily News
- "There's enough energy in the first act of FELA! to short circuit Con Ed. It spills over from the stage and into the orchestra seats. Boundless and joyous: This is as close as Broadway gets to fully immersive theatre." --New York Post
- "Bill T. Jones's wildly loose-limbed journey into the throbbing heart of Afrobeat breaks bold new ground in musical theatre." --Variety
- “ ... the most exuberant musical I’ve seen this season. ... the fusion of his (Fela’s) sound is rapturously celebrated with a pinwheel parade of pelvises.” --Los Angeles Times
FELA! is a new musical directed and choreographed by Tony Award-winner Bill T. Jones, in which audiences are welcomed into the extravagant, decadent and rebellious world of Afro-beat legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Using his pioneering music (a blend of jazz, funk, and African rhythm and harmonies), FELA! explores Kuti’s controversial life as an artist, political activist and revolutionary musician. A three-time Tony Award winner in 2010, this production arrives at the Ordway direct from Broadway.
About the Ticket Supplier: Ordway Center for the Performing Arts
The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.'s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, jazz, and vocal artists on its Main Hall and McKnight Theatre stages.