FELA! Award-Winning Broadway Musical at the Ordway Center
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for FELA! have expired.
The last date listed for FELA! was Thursday June 14, 2012 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Ordway Center for the Performing Arts - Music Theater:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $14.00 - $18.00
Show Carrie Underwood how it's really done as you raise your voice in unison to the cherished tunes in this unforgettable film. After a vocal warm-up led by Erin Schwab, The Sound of Music is shown in full-screen, gorgeous Technicolor. With the song lyrics right on the movie, you won't miss a note. Each guest will receive a party pack that includes props to use at strategic points in the film. Come early dressed as your favorite Sound of Music character for a chance to win tickets to future Ordway performances in the famous Fancy Dress Competition. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Check out the official FELA! <a target="_blank" href="http://www.felaonbroadway.com">website</a> for videos and more.
- Read the stellar <a target="_blank" href="http://www.goldstar.com/events/los-angeles-ca/fela?reviews=all#reviews">Goldstar member reviews</a> for this production's Los Angeles run, or check out the reviews of the show in <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/washington-dc/fela">Washington</a>.
- "The hot (and seriously cool) energy that comes from the musical gospel preached by the title character of <em>FELA! </em>feels as if it could stretch easily to the borders of Manhattan and then across a river or two. There should be dancing in the streets!" --Ben Brantley, <em>The New York Times </em>
- "<em>FELA</em><em>!</em> Is as rowdy as it is rousing. (It) is one of the most original and exciting shows to come around in a long while." --<em>New York Daily News </em>
- "There's enough energy in the first act of <em> FELA!</em> to short circuit Con Ed. It spills over from the stage and into the orchestra seats. Boundless and joyous: This is as close as Broadway gets to fully immersive theatre." --<em>New York Post </em>
- "Bill T. Jones's wildly loose-limbed journey into the throbbing heart of Afrobeat breaks bold new ground in musical theatre." --<em>Variety </em>
- “ ... the most exuberant musical I’ve seen this season. ... the fusion of his (Fela’s) sound is rapturously celebrated with a pinwheel parade of pelvises.” --<em>Los Angeles Times</em>
FELA! is a new musical directed and choreographed by Tony Award-winner Bill T. Jones, in which audiences are welcomed into the extravagant, decadent and rebellious world of Afro-beat legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Using his pioneering music (a blend of jazz, funk, and African rhythm and harmonies), FELA! explores Kuti’s controversial life as an artist, political activist and revolutionary musician. A three-time Tony Award winner in 2010, this production arrives at the Ordway direct from Broadway.