Swingin', Jammin' and Groovin' to the Sounds of Dixieland & More
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival have expired.
The last date listed for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival was Sunday November 25, 2007 / 8:00am-10:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- COMP - $5.00
Fans around the globe just can't get enough of Strangelove, the ultimate tribute to '80s new-wavers Depeche Mode, who perform the British synthpop band's biggest hits with precision and style. Beyond your everyday cover band, this "ultimate tribute" act also recreates the original group's famed theatrical concert experience, including costume changes and multiple screen projections, to take you through the different eras of Depeche Mode's decades-spanning career. Considered the most commercially successful electronic band ever, Depeche Mode has sold more 100 million albums and singles worldwide. From "People Are People" to "Personal Jesus" and beyond, now you can experience all the '80s electro-pop glory up close and personal at the legendary House of Blues San Diego. Learn More
The weather was sunny but it didn't matter because the venue is indoors.. I wore jeans, long sleeves, and ankle boots. I should've just worn flats and dressed a little less bum-ish, like a nice blouse or something..34th Annual San Diego Jazz Fest dress • Dec 03 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
It was so good I came home that night and immediately ordered tickets for all day Saturday. Sac A Pulse (a jazz band of visiting Frenchmen) was especially terrific. The dancing was also a great extra benefit. Good dance floor and plenty of room.
Special Festival Events:
- Wednesday night pre-festival concert-dance, with Wally’s Warehouse Waifs of Michigan and the High Society Jazz Band of LaJolla.
- Town & Country Thanksgiving Buffet (Thursday afternoon) with music! (Dinner not included in price of admission.)
- Ragtime Extravaganza—the Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra, with Ragtime Era dance steps performed by local vintage dancers, in period costume on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.
- American Roots—the music of Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins—played and sung by the Hayriders featuring well known Sue Palmer, Gino Meregillano, Johnny D’Artenay, and Hal Smith of San Diego plus John Gill and Katie Cavera.
- Swing Dance Exhibitions by San Diego’s 2toGroove plus Orange County’s OC Swing.
- “JazzSea Jams” led by cornetist Dick Williams. Bring your instrument. Have fun jamming while you learn how to play in an organized band.
- Chloe Feoranzo an amazing 15 year old tenor sax and clarinet player from Pacific Beach who has been invited to play throughout the US will ‘sit in’ with a variety of bands.
- The Mission Bay High School Dixieland Band—talented young musicians who put on a terrific show.
- Butch Thompson Trio, led by the featured performer on broadcasts of “A Prairie Home Companion.” Carl Sonny Leyland Trio, led by the internationally-acclaimed boogie woogie pianist. Plus, our pianorama with numerous top pianists.
- Sunday morning Gospel music with the Night Blooming Jazzmen of Claremont.
- Sunday evening wind-down concert-dance, with the Side Street Strutters known for their exceptional concerts at Disneyland and Buck Creek Jazz Band from Springfield, VA.