Swingin', Jammin' and Groovin' to the Sounds of Dixieland & More
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival have expired.
The last date listed for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival was Sunday November 25, 2007 / 8:00am-10:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Fresh off their 2014 PBS concert special, Let the Good Times Roll, the retro doo-wop specialists known as Under the Streetlamp step into the spotlight for a night of great music from the '50s and '60s. This modern-day Rat Pack is made up of recent leading cast members from the hit musical Jersey Boys, who apply their unique blend of tight harmonies and slick dance moves to Motown and old time rock 'n' roll hits, putting their own spin on timeless tunes by The Drifters, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Four Seasons and many more. The 10-member pop a cappella ensemble Gentleman's Rule are the special guests. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
It was so good I came home that night and immediately ordered tickets for all day Saturday. Sac A Pulse (a jazz band of visiting Frenchmen) was especially terrific. The dancing was also a great extra benefit. Good dance floor and plenty of room.
Special Festival Events:
- Wednesday night pre-festival concert-dance, with Wally’s Warehouse Waifs of Michigan and the High Society Jazz Band of LaJolla.
- Town & Country Thanksgiving Buffet (Thursday afternoon) with music! (Dinner not included in price of admission.)
- Ragtime Extravaganza—the Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra, with Ragtime Era dance steps performed by local vintage dancers, in period costume on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.
- American Roots—the music of Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins—played and sung by the Hayriders featuring well known Sue Palmer, Gino Meregillano, Johnny D’Artenay, and Hal Smith of San Diego plus John Gill and Katie Cavera.
- Swing Dance Exhibitions by San Diego’s 2toGroove plus Orange County’s OC Swing.
- “JazzSea Jams” led by cornetist Dick Williams. Bring your instrument. Have fun jamming while you learn how to play in an organized band.
- Chloe Feoranzo an amazing 15 year old tenor sax and clarinet player from Pacific Beach who has been invited to play throughout the US will ‘sit in’ with a variety of bands.
- The Mission Bay High School Dixieland Band—talented young musicians who put on a terrific show.
- Butch Thompson Trio, led by the featured performer on broadcasts of “A Prairie Home Companion.” Carl Sonny Leyland Trio, led by the internationally-acclaimed boogie woogie pianist. Plus, our pianorama with numerous top pianists.
- Sunday morning Gospel music with the Night Blooming Jazzmen of Claremont.
- Sunday evening wind-down concert-dance, with the Side Street Strutters known for their exceptional concerts at Disneyland and Buck Creek Jazz Band from Springfield, VA.