Swingin', Jammin' and Groovin' to the Sounds of Dixieland & More
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival have expired.
The last date listed for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival was Sunday November 25, 2007 / 8:00am-10:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Get in the Christmas spirit with an enchanting concert of favorite faith-inspired carols. Accompanied by two pianos, beloved performers from the Broadway Theater and Moonlight Amphitheatre will capture the joy and majesty of the season on songs like "Away in a Manger," "Silent Night," "Carol of the Bells," "Joy to the World" and many more. In a time of year often overshadowed by distractions, this magical 90-minute celebration is sure to warm the heart. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
It was so good I came home that night and immediately ordered tickets for all day Saturday. Sac A Pulse (a jazz band of visiting Frenchmen) was especially terrific. The dancing was also a great extra benefit. Good dance floor and plenty of room.
Click here for 2007 Festival Band Schedule
Special Festival Events:
- Wednesday night pre-festival concert-dance, with Wally’s Warehouse Waifs of Michigan and the High Society Jazz Band of LaJolla.
- Town & Country Thanksgiving Buffet (Thursday afternoon) with music! (Dinner not included in price of admission.)
- Ragtime Extravaganza—the Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra, with Ragtime Era dance steps performed by local vintage dancers, in period costume on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.
- American Roots—the music of Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins—played and sung by the Hayriders featuring well known Sue Palmer, Gino Meregillano, Johnny D’Artenay, and Hal Smith of San Diego plus John Gill and Katie Cavera.
- Swing Dance Exhibitions by San Diego’s 2toGroove plus Orange County’s OC Swing.
- “JazzSea Jams” led by cornetist Dick Williams. Bring your instrument. Have fun jamming while you learn how to play in an organized band.
- Chloe Feoranzo an amazing 15 year old tenor sax and clarinet player from Pacific Beach who has been invited to play throughout the US will ‘sit in’ with a variety of bands.
- The Mission Bay High School Dixieland Band—talented young musicians who put on a terrific show.
- Butch Thompson Trio, led by the featured performer on broadcasts of “A Prairie Home Companion.” Carl Sonny Leyland Trio, led by the internationally-acclaimed boogie woogie pianist. Plus, our pianorama with numerous top pianists.
- Sunday morning Gospel music with the Night Blooming Jazzmen of Claremont.
- Sunday evening wind-down concert-dance, with the Side Street Strutters known for their exceptional concerts at Disneyland and Buck Creek Jazz Band from Springfield, VA.
About the Ticket Supplier: America's Finest City Dixieland Jazz Society
Since 1979, America's Finest City Dixieland Jazz Society (AFCDJS) has promoted Traditional Jazz, Dixieland and Swing throughout the San Diego area. Their goal is not only to provide quality entertainment for the community but to support artists and encourage new talents through a variety of concerts and workshops. At the heart of their organization is the annual 5-day Dixieland Jazz Festival held Thanksgiving weekend.