33rd Annual San Diego Jazz Festival
* Additional fees apply.
The last date listed for 33rd Annual San Diego Jazz Festival was Sunday November 25, 2012 / 8:00am-5:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $30.00 - $48.00
- Our Price:
- $15.00 - $24.00
Fresh from her stint as Miss Hannigan in <em>Annie</em> on Broadway, actress Jane Lynch is treati...Learn More
The weather was sunny but it didn't matter because the venue is indoors.. I wore jeans, long sleeves, and ankle boots. I should've just worn flats and dressed a little less bum-ish, like a nice blouse or something..34th Annual San Diego Jazz Fest dress • Dec 03 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
What a FANTASTIC event! My boyfriend and I were the youngest people there by far (mid 40's) but the music was incredible and the dancing was very fun. All of the regulars that attend this event are full of life! People dressed up every way imaginable. But truly, the bands were the best part. If you are looking for a great night of fun, I would say, DON'T MISS THIS!
star this review starred report as inappropriate
This event occurred inside of a hotel convention center. Each of the breakout rooms/ballrooms had a full schedule of bands/groups/performers. Light snacks were available in the lobby (popcorn $1, ice cream). The setup of the rooms (chairs,...continued
The Town & Country Resort and Convention Center in Hotel Circle is the site of the 33rd Annual San Diego Jazz Fest over Thanksgiving weekend. A wonderful variety of jazz styles will be presented by America’s Finest City Dixieland Jazz Society. Among the weekend’s highlights:
- A Wednesday night pre-festival concert-dance, with San Diego’s own High Society and the Dave Bennett Quartet.
-On Thursday, a great finale for Thanksgiving from 6-11p with 6 bands.
-Over 25 bands, 7 rooms and 12 hours of continuous music each day Friday and Saturday, and until 5:00pm on Sunday.
- Exciting swing by the Reynolds Brothers Rhythm Rascals, the Red Skunk Jipzee Swing Band and the Dave Bennett Quartet.
- Jumping blues by Sue Palmer and her Motel Swing Orchestra, with vocalist Deejha Marie.
- A one-night-only (Fri.) multimedia presentation — “Nouveau Stride” — featuring the amazing young pianist Stephanie Trick and singer/composer Lorraine Feather.
-The Memphis Boys (Fri. and Sat. nights), performing high-energy, Jerry Lee Lewis-inspired ’50s Rock.
- Authentic New Orleans traditional jazz by the Black Swan Class Jazz Band, Original AZ Wildcat Jass Band, Yerba Buena Stompers, Grand Dominion Jazz Band, Uptown Lowdown, Red Pepper Jazz Band and Titanic Jazz Band.
- High-Energy performances by the sensational young musicians of the Mission Bay High School Preservationists.
-Guest appearances and small combos led by Festival favorites Chloe Feoranzo and Katie Cavera.
- New Orleans and Traditional jazz plus by Tim Laughlin, Connie Jones and the New Orleans All-Stars; Cornet Chop Suey; the Night Blooming Jazzmen; Dixie Express; High Society Jazz Band; Uptown Rhythm Makers and the South Bay Jazz Ramblers.
- “Pianorama” — solo piano performances highlighted by the stride music sensation Stephanie Trick.
-Special sets, including the music of Louis Armstrong and Harry Warren; Hot Dance Music of the ’20s; The history of the washboard in Jazz; Parasol Parades; Dance Classes; Swing Dance exhibitions; the music of Lu Watters and Turk Murphy; and Sunday morning gospel and “Hymn-a-Long.”
- A Ragtime Extravaganza featuring San Diego’s Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra and vintage dancers in costume.
- Banjo music by the San Fernando Valley Banjo Band and the San Diego Banjo Band.
- “JazzSea Jams” led by cornetist Dick Williams; an opportunity for musically-inclined festival patrons to jam with an organized band.