Renowned Motivational Speakers Help Make 2009 Your Best Year Ever
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Make 2009 Your Best Year Ever have expired.
The last date listed for Make 2009 Your Best Year Ever was Saturday January 17, 2009 / 9:30am.
Most Popular Tours & Cruises Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Soak up the glorious seaside sights of Coronado on this easy, breezy two-hour bike tour. The ten-mile course, led by an informative guide, is flat and pedal-friendly and provides great views of San Diego's "Crown City" for everyone 12 and older. You'll ride under the graceful Coronado Bridge, past the historic Hotel del Coronado and by the Naval Amphibious Base and Glorietta Bay. You'll also see Silver Strand State Beach, as well as the cute shops and homes along Orange Avenue. Bike rental, a helmet and bottled water are all included. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Glen DavisRed Velvet
view more less of this review
It was OK. Last year's seemed more fresh and exciting. I, too, felt like I was attending an infomercial selling books and tapes for the speakers. It's a great organization for a great cause, so I don't want to dampen the enthusiasm too much, but I submit that there was no reason not to invite the whole audience to find closer seats rather than be spread all around a sparsely filled arena, and more music and even dance would have kept the energy up...It makes for a long day of speakers. Eveoke was inspiring entertaining but not particularly talented, no matter how much we might like the idea of it. One last curmudgeonly comment: with so many empty seats, why not distribute the leftover tickets to recovery homes and seniors who would never be able to spend that kind of money on an event like this, and they are some of the ones who could most benefit from the messages of hope and inspiration. Just an idea. I'm really happy I attended the first one last year, but this year was a disappointment and I probably would not attend again.
Quotes & Highlights
- Last year's "Best Year Ever" event was <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/san-diego-ca/the-secret-to-having-your-best-year-ever.html">enthusiastically reviewed</a> on Goldstar.
<p>Several of the world’s greatest strategic thinkers and leaders in personal growth will share ways to help people make 2009 their “best year ever.”</p> <p>The event will feature live presentations by:</p>
- Debbie Ford, bestselling author (“The Best Year of Your Life,” “The Right Questions”) and a pioneer in emotional and spiritual education;
- Famed relationship expert John Gray (“Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus”);
- Ken Blanchard, legendary business coach and co-author of “The One-Minute Manager;”
- John Assaraf, teacher of “The Secret,” bestselling author of “The Answer,” and an expert on brain research and quantum physics as they relate to achieving success in business and life;
- Patrick Lencioni, one of Fortune Magazine’s “Top 10 Gurus You Should Know” and author of the perennial bestseller “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team;”
- Plus special video presentations by personal finance guru Suze Orman and renowned personal growth expert Dr. Wayne Dyer.
About the Ticket Supplier: The Jenna Druck FoundationThe Jenna Druck Foundation is known throughout the world for its groundbreaking work in developing strategies to assist families in surviving and thriving after the loss of a child. JDF was founded in 1996 by Ken Druck to honor the life and legacy of his daughter, Jenna, whose life was cut short by a tragic bus accident in India during a study abroad semester. JDF has positively impacted the lives of thousands of grieving families in the United States and beyond, and now functions as a world-renowned crisis management resource.
Ken Druck and JDF were called upon after 9/11 by New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, as well as after Hurricane Katrina and during the San Diego wildfires, to deploy its assistance to people affected by tragedy.