Dickens' Christmas Classic A Christmas Carol from A.C.T.
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for A Christmas Carol have expired.
The last date listed for A Christmas Carol was Thursday December 23, 2010 / 2:00pm.
Currently at A.C.T.:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $90.00
- Our Price:
- $12.00 - $54.00
When the mysterious and sultry Vanda walks into playwright Thomas Novachek's office, he thinks the search for the perfect lead in his latest production might finally be over. But her audition quickly turns into a seductive and erotic power play that'll make you wonder who's really running the show. Among the most acclaimed -- and most provocative -- new plays in recent Broadway history, David Ives' Venus in Fur blurs the lines between fantasy and reality, seduction and power, and love and sex. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Cynthia
view more less of this review
A holiday tradition not to be missed. Scrooge is a mix of humor with a humble spirit. Although you know the story, one can't help but sit on edge as the spirits appear and you're transported once again to a Dicken's tale. The cast is terrific, the stage and costumes outstanding. Even balcony seats are good. At the end the cast doesn't just accept applaude, they celebrate the season and thank the audience for coming and wish us all a wonderful holiday. The perfect moment that embraces the essence of "A Christmas Carol". Definitely put this performance on your holiday list.
Quotes & Highlights
- "Scrooge is a joy. James Carpenter's stunning central performance as Scrooge in A.C.T.'s <em>A Christmas Carol</em>can't be upstaged." —<em>San Francisco Chronicle</em>
- "This <em>Carol</em> glows from within. . . . [James Carpenter] gives the kind of note-perfect performance that makes Charles Dickens' holiday classic seem new again." —<em>San Francisco Examiner</em>
- "A smash hit! Holiday traditions don't get any better. —<em>Stark Insider</em>
- "The best <em>Christmas Carol</em> ever! A terrific and imaginative production. Highest rating!" —Jan Wahl, KRON-TV
- "This is a <em>Carol</em> built to banish 'bah humbugs' for years to come!" —<em>Oakland Tribune</em>
- "A holiday treat for the entire family! More lavish and enjoyable than ever . . . contains all of the ingredients of what Christmas is all about." —KGO Radio
by Charles Dickens
Adapted by Carey Perloff and Paul Walsh
Music by Karl Lundeberg
Choreography by Val Caniparoli
Directed by Domenique Lozano
Based on the original direction by Carey Perloff
The Bay Area's favorite holiday tradition returns to A.C.T. with a sparkling, music-infused A Christmas Carol. Bring your family, bring your friends, and check your "humbugs" at the door!