Absolutely San Francisco: One-Woman Musical Dramedy Returns
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Absolutely San Francisco have expired.
The last date listed for Absolutely San Francisco was Thursday August 2, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Currently at The Alcove Theater:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Liberal-leaning artist Nicole and her conservative Republican boyfriend Mark are struggling to make their relationship work in the Age of the Emoticon. Writer-director Allen Barton's world-premiere drama takes aim at our social media-obsessed society while highlighting in horrifying detail the decline of human communication. Listen, relate and laugh at this talented cast of passionate and flawed characters, as one rants about the growing infrequency of face-to-face interaction and another complains about being unfriended on MySpace. Learn More
Casualinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Union Square garages, street parking free after 6info • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Powell Street Station just a few blocks awayinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
We have cookies, soft drinks and other goodiesinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Enjoy the SF trivia preshow slide presentation and SF musicinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "<em>Absolutely San Francisco</em> is absolutely fantastic ... A show this nuanced, this layered – and this much fun, <em>Absolutely San Francisco</em> is a show to see again and again." --<em>Marina Times/Northside </em>
- "Fun and funny...San Francisco is known for its history, its neighborhoods, its politics and its characters, all of which are showcased in <em>Absolutely San Francisco</em>....The show has great humor throughout, and some very fun and funny songs." --<em>San Francisco Bay Times</em>
- "Captures the spirit of San Francisco..." —KGO -TV/ABC7
- "<em>Absolutely San Francisco</em> is very SF" —BeyondChron.com
- "...an intimate look at San Francisco seen through the eyes of a gifted artist." —<em>Visit Half Moon Bay</em>
The long-running hit, Absolutely San Francisco, is a fun and poignant one-woman musical allegory about the San Franicsco take on the American Dream. Get on an imaginary cable car with Sunshine -- a free-spirited daughter of the 60s -- on her quest to find a powerful person to help her fight City Hall -- and the meter maids threatening to impound her shopping cart. The insightful, whimsical book and lyrics by Anne Nygren Doherty turn the city’s stereotypes- inside out and reveal the heart and soul of a city where the atypical is typical – where hippies, drifters and dreamers rub elbows with striving immigrants and the top 1% of the “1%.” Sitting in the cozy, Alcove Theater, the audience comes away moved by the hidden bonds that tie these seemingly disparate people together.