BATS Improv: SF's Longest-Running Improv Comedy TheaterBayfront Theater (Marina Blvd At Buchanan St San Francisco, CA 94123)
* Additional fees apply.
Select Your Date
- Check Availability $8.50 Fri, May 24 8:00pm (Theatresports Spring Tournament)
- Check Availability $8.50 Sat, May 25 8:00pm (Improvised Murder Mystery)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Thu, May 30 8:00pm (Theatresports: BATS vs. Stanford Improvisers)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Fri, Jun 7 8:00pm (Director's Cut)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Sat, Jun 8 8:00pm (Improvised Noir Musical)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Fri, Jun 14 8:00pm (Director's Cut)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Sat, Jun 15 8:00pm (Improvised Noir Musical)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Fri, Jun 21 8:00pm (Director's Cut)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Sat, Jun 22 8:00pm (Improvised Noir Musical)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Fri, Jun 28 8:00pm (Director's Cut)
- Check Availability COMP - $8.50 Sat, Jun 29 8:00pm (Improvised Noir Musical)
Reviews & Ratings
More Information About BATS Improv Comedy
Quotes & Highlights
- The 2010 San Francisco Frommer's Guide gave BATS Improv the ranking of Highly Recommended.
- BATS was named Best Theater Company 2009 by the San Francisco Chronicle BayList, Best Comedy Group 2008 by SF Weekly, Best First Date Spot and Best Theater Company 2007 by the San Francisco Guardian and Best Theater Company 2012 by the San Francisco Bay Guardian.
Fridays in January 2013: Super Scene
Super Scene is a fast-paced, and hilarious theater competition featuring six directors creating six unique, completely improvised stories each with a unique tone or genre...but here's the catch: Stories unfold one scene at a time, round by round. After each round, the audience gets to choose which stories continue on, and which story is eliminated, until the final round, where only one story remains and the SUPER SCENE is performed.
Saturdays in January 2013: Spontaneous Broadway
You, the audience, are an elite group of wealthy investors about to select Broadway's next big musical! First, you'll meet our fictionally-famous cast of Broadway actors who "audition" a number of new musicals by improvising songs directly from song titles supplied by you, our audience. Then, you'll vote with you (fictional) pocketbook - writing a "check" and investing in the show you most want to see. The show with the most investors is then turned into a complete musical in the second half, including a reprise of the winning song! And of course, everything is completely improvised!
Fridays in February 2013: The Harold
Completely based on your suggestions, our cast of talented improvisers create scenes, play games, and improvise songs as they seamlessly weave together a magical night of improvised theatre. There is no structure, no rules, and anything can happen! The Harold, popularized in Chicago improv circles, is considered by many to be the "grand-daddy of all improv formats" and was invented by Del Close right here in San Francisco! Now, BATS Improv is proud to bring The Harold back home.
Saturdays in February 2013: Warp Speed
Warp Speed is a salute to that classic sci-fi tv series of the 60s. Instead of Kirk and Spock, you'll meet a crew of all new characters, inspired by audience suggestions and created and introduced on the spot! Prepare to boldy going where no story has gone before!
February 14, 2013: Epic Romance Valentine's Special
Celbrate Valentine's Day with BATS Improv as we present a special encore performance of our newest show: Epic Romance. Featuring over half of our Main Stage Company, Epic Romance is a sweeping and completely improvised “film” in the style of Gone With The Wind and Doctor Zhivago. Created and Directed by Rafe Chase.
Fridays March 8-29, 2013: Theatresports
Theatresports™ is an exciting, interactive improv comedy competition featuring two teams of improvisers from our Main Stage Company. Expect lots of variety and audience participation - each show is unique and always full of hilarious surprises! In this Championship match, our top two teams compete by performing spontaneous scenes and songs inspired by your suggestions. Each scene is scored by a panel of Olympic-style judges and the team with the most points at the end of the night will be crowned the Champion.
Saturdays March 9-30, 2013: Double Feature
A cast of four talented improvisers (and one musician) spontaneously create two distinct stories, unique in genre, tone, and character...each story inpired by an original title supplied by the audience. In addition to presenting two great, fully improvised stories, Double Feature adds fun and excitement as the improvisers must play multiple characters (often in the same scene) as they bounce back and forth between two stories. Created by Company Member Rafe Chase, Double Feature is one of BATS's most popular shows.
About the Ticket Supplier: BATS Improv
BATS Improv has entertained Bay Area audiences since 1986. Their unique style of acting-based improvisational theatre has made them the Bay Area's largest improv theater company and school and is a benchmark for improv all over the world.