Dan Zanes and Friends' Holiday House Party at the Herbst Theatre
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Dan Zanes and Friends: Holiday House Party have expired.
The last date listed for Dan Zanes and Friends: Holiday House Party was Sunday November 30, 2008 / 5:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $15.00 - $39.00
- Our Price:
- $7.50 - $19.50
Yoshi's Oakland not only showcases the world's best jazz, gospel, world music and other entertainment, but its acclaimed chef Shotaro "Sho" Kamio is famed for creating some of the finest modern Japanese cuisine in the area. The live music club and upscale restaurant has been located in Jack London Square since 1997 and offers an unmatched entertainment experience. The venue has hosted such legendary jazz greats as Betty Carter, Max Roach, Dizzy Gillespie, Joe Williams, Diana Krall, Branford Marsalis, McCoy Tyner, Harry Connick Jr., Oscar Peterson and hundreds of others, including name comedians. Please see the full event description for the lineup of upcoming performers. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
“Zanes’ kids’ music works because it is not kids’ music; it’s just music — music that’s unsanitized, unpasteurized, that’s organic even.” —New York Times Magazine
“One of those rare children’s concerts where the grownups clearly have as much fun as their kids.” —Boston Herald
Kick-start the winter holidays with Grammy Award-winners Dan Zanes and Friends at this festive family event. Join Dan and his friends from near and far in this all-ages celebration of the season. When Dan invites his friends over for a jam session, a traditional Christmas carol becomes an excuse to tap dance, the stage erupts with disco Hanukah songs, and Arabic beats provide the backdrop for a Lunar New Year sing-a-long. Don’t miss this fabulous event before it goes to Broadway for three weeks this holiday season!
Musical artists joining Dan Zanes in the holiday house party include:
- Palestinian Arabic -jazz bazuq player Tareq Abboushi
- Drummer Colin Brooks
- English designer and director Julian Crouch with his inspired Crouch Family Band
- Mexican guitarist and Vocalist Sonia de los Santos
- Accordionist / saxophonist John Foti
- Renowned tap dancer Derrick K. Grant with his tap dancing son and daughter Kaleo and Lulu Grant
- Bass player Saskia Sunshine Lane
- Fiddler / trumpeter Elena Moon Park
- Founder of the ground breaking neo-hasidic ensemble Pharoah’s Daughter, vocalist Basya Schecter
- Palestinian percussionist/composer Zafer Tawil
- And the latest sensations from Veracruz Mexico, the Villa-Lobos Brothers