Dan Zanes and Friends' Holiday House Party at the Herbst Theatre
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Dan Zanes and Friends: Holiday House Party was Sunday November 30, 2008 / 5:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $16.00 - $69.00
- Our Price:
- COMP - $34.50
Yoshi's Oakland not only showcases the world's best jazz, gospel, world music and other… More
Quotes & Highlights
“Zanes’ kids’ music works because it is not kids’ music; it’s just music — music that’s unsanitized, unpasteurized, that’s organic even.” —New York Times Magazine
“One of those rare children’s concerts where the grownups clearly have as much fun as their kids.” —Boston Herald
Kick-start the winter holidays with Grammy Award-winners Dan Zanes and Friends at this festive family event. Join Dan and his friends from near and far in this all-ages celebration of the season. When Dan invites his friends over for a jam session, a traditional Christmas carol becomes an excuse to tap dance, the stage erupts with disco Hanukah songs, and Arabic beats provide the backdrop for a Lunar New Year sing-a-long. Don’t miss this fabulous event before it goes to Broadway for three weeks this holiday season!
Musical artists joining Dan Zanes in the holiday house party include:
- Palestinian Arabic -jazz bazuq player Tareq Abboushi
- Drummer Colin Brooks
- English designer and director Julian Crouch with his inspired Crouch Family Band
- Mexican guitarist and Vocalist Sonia de los Santos
- Accordionist / saxophonist John Foti
- Renowned tap dancer Derrick K. Grant with his tap dancing son and daughter Kaleo and Lulu Grant
- Bass player Saskia Sunshine Lane
- Fiddler / trumpeter Elena Moon Park
- Founder of the ground breaking neo-hasidic ensemble Pharoah’s Daughter, vocalist Basya Schecter
- Palestinian percussionist/composer Zafer Tawil
- And the latest sensations from Veracruz Mexico, the Villa-Lobos Brothers
About the Ticket Supplier: San Francisco Performances
Founded in 1979, San Francisco Performances is the Bay Area’s leading independent presenter of chamber music, vocal and instrumental recitals, jazz and contemporary dance. Under the artistic direction of its founder, Ruth Felt, the organization presents internationally acclaimed and emerging performing artists, introduces innovative programs, and builds new and diversified audiences for the arts through education and outreach activities that also strengthen the local performing arts community.