Dead Certain: A Critically Acclaimed Psychological Thriller by Marcus Lloyd
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Dead Certain: A Critically Acclaimed Psychological Thriller by Marcus Lloyd have expired.
The last date listed for Dead Certain: A Critically Acclaimed Psychological Thriller by Marcus Lloyd was Saturday August 14, 2010 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $90.00
- Our Price:
- $12.00 - $54.00
When the mysterious and sultry Vanda walks into playwright Thomas Novachek's office, he thinks the search for the perfect lead in his latest production might finally be over. But her audition quickly turns into a seductive and erotic power play that'll make you wonder who's really running the show. Among the most acclaimed -- and most provocative -- new plays in recent Broadway history, David Ives' Venus in Fur blurs the lines between fantasy and reality, seduction and power, and love and sex. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "This production is the sleeper of New York City's small theatre season to date...Mr. Lloyd's Oxford education is on display in this excellent work and it only goes to prove what an above average foundation in literary skill combined with mindful direction can do to produce a complete and unblemished theatrical product." --retrovisionmedia.com
- "A standing ovation for this deadly jewel of a play." --sfstation.com
- "What makes it more intriguing is its self-referential theme, as Lloyd interweaves the plot with the story of its creation." --<em>San Francisco Chronicle</em>
- "Returning from a stint in New York, <em>Dead Certain</em> rolls into town alive and kicking...This neatly staged production of British playwright Marcus Lloyd's 1999 thriller is genuinely enjoyable and gripping..." --<em>San Francisco Bay Guardian</em>
- "Fine performances which resonate with quiet believability and psychological (albeit twisted) honesty...Recommended for die-hard fans of mysteries and thrillers as well as purveyors of good acting, <em>Dead Certain</em> will certainly entertain." --<em>San Francisco Bay Times</em>
Written by Marcus Lloyd
Directed by Andrey Esterlis
Starring Diana Brown and Andrey Esterlis
Dead Certain, Marcus Lloyd's first stage play, was first produced in 1999 at the Theatre Royal, Windsor and has since been seen in the UK, New Zealand, Singapore and the United States.