Humor Abuse: Lorenzo Pisoni of Pickle Family Circus' Story
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Humor Abuse have expired.
The last date listed for Humor Abuse was Sunday August 19, 2012 / 2:00pm.
Currently at A.C.T.:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $130.00
- Our Price:
- $12.00 - $78.00
A.C.T.'s acclaimed music-infused adaptation of Dickens' beloved tale returns, in a sumptuous production that's become one of the Bay Area's favorite holiday traditions. A large, lively cast tells the story of lonely old miser Ebenezer Scrooge, a bah-humbuggy sort who's shown a second chance by four ghosts who visit him one spooky Christmas Eve. A classic story of redemption and forgiveness, A Christmas Carol captures the true spirit and magic of the holiday season, especially in this imaginative version written by A.C.T.'s own artistic director Carey Perloff and alumnus Paul Walsh. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from man about town
view more less of this review
I've gladly given this 5 stars, not because it's a magnificent play, but because by its simplicity and grace, it thoroughly satisfies. It's a crowd-pleasing evening. It fully accomplishes what it intends to. Nothing less. Nothing more.
Remarkably sincere, poignant, tender, honest, respectful and very FUNNY---if you like good physical clowning. I highly recommend it. Lorenzo is a charmer.
Quotes & Highlights
- "A tour de force of physical comedy [and] a gift to the Bay Area." --San Francisco Chronicle (highest rating)
- "Spellbinding and wickedly funny ... one of the most entertaining stage shows of the year" --BeyondChron
- "Thoroughly endearing . . . perfectly orchestrated [and] surprisingly tender." --San Jose Mercury News
- "Hilarious ... Pisoni is a master of comic timing." --San Francisco Examiner
- "Surprising, funny, and entirely theatrical. Other solo performers take note: you can describe your troubled childhood, but can you do it with balloons?" --Variety
- "A heartfelt story of a son looking for what makes his father tick" --Associated Press
- "I can completely recommend running away and joining Lorenzo Pisoni's circus for an evening." --Broadway World
In this hilarious stage memoir filled with stupendous physical feats, Pisoni takes us under the big top with the incredible true story of growing up as the youngest member of San Francisco's Pickle Family Circus. Celebrating the complicated, no-holds-barred life of a performer, Pisoni shows off the tricks of the trade he learned from his father, Pickle cofounder Larry Pisoni. A hilarious and heartfelt event that will delight audiences of all ages, Humor Abuse dazzles with unforgettable stories and mesmerizing routines—all performed by the "one-man whirlwind" (WOR Radio) Lorenzo Pisoni.
The show runs 80 minutes with no intermission.