James Judd's Whoop Click!: New Solo Show from 7 Sins Creator/Star
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for James Judd's Whoop Click! have expired.
The last date listed for James Judd's Whoop Click! was Saturday August 22, 2009 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Comedy Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $15.00 - $17.00
- Our Price:
- COMP - $8.50
BATS Improv -- named the Bay Area's Best Theater Company by the San Francisco Chronicle, Best Comedy Troupe by SF Weekly and Best First Date Spot by the San Francisco Bay Guardian -- presents a variety show of comedy fun, including head-to-head improv battles, long-form murder mysteries, musicals and more. Every show is one of a kind, using audience suggestions for a unique mix of improv comedy and theater that is never the same show twice. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from josephine
view more less of this review
7 Sins made me a devoted fan, so I was really excited about Whoop Click. And now I can't stop telling my friends and co-workers about it - Judd is HILARIOUS! He's a masterful storyteller, building drama and intrigue as he creates a multi-character cast, each one of the Mormon aunts distinctly ideocyncratic. Judd's talent too amazing, too huge for the Darkroom, and he needs a space large enough for his talent. Just a matter of time before he's on Broadway. Even knowing the story, I will go back, and I'll bring more friends. This will sell out.
Quotes & Highlights
- A <em>San Francisco Sentinel</em> "Critic's Choice"
- <em>SF Weekly</em>'s "Pick of the Stage"
- "Like <em>7 Sins</em>, this one gallops along at a pace guaranteed to lose (Judd) 10 pounds a performance. (Or maybe it's just the sequined orange jumpsuit that does him in.)" --<em>Orlando Sentinel</em>
- "Judd's monologue is filled with great comic and descriptive writing, adroit physical comedy, precise and skillful delivery. Judd has the audience at his mercy." --<em>Orlando Weekly</em>
- "Very much like a night out with an old friend... this year's most charming Fringe performance." --<em>Winnipeg Uptown Magazine</em>
Whoop Click! is James Judd’s follow-up to his popular hit 7 Sins. After gaining an ungainly amount of weight, James checks himself into a Florida “Wellness Retreat” that turns out to be a run-down fat camp. Worse, he’s accompanied by the same four overly-opinionated Mormon aunts from Utah popularized in 7 Sins. Family scandal, forced exercise, marriage politics, and a looming hurricane create chaos in his latest autobiographical comedy. NPR host and comedian Marilyn Pittman opens the show.