Pearls Over Shanghai: Revival of Comic Mock-Operetta
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Pearls Over Shanghai have expired.
The last date listed for Pearls Over Shanghai was Saturday July 19, 2014 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $75.00
Motown The Musical thrilled Broadway and now its first national tour brings it to the Orpheum Theatre. Featuring classic songs from the heyday of the Motown sound, the musical tells the story of Berry Gordy's journey from heavyweight boxer to heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, Michael Jackson and more. The timeless Motown sound broke down barriers and got everyone moving to the same beat. Experience the story behind the music in this record-breaking smash hit featuring favorite songs like "My Girl," "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," "Stop! In the Name of Love," "Baby I Need Your Lovin'" and many more. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
The show is like a soap bubble - pretty and glistening and as insubstantial as...well, a soap bubble. The songs are well-performed (for the most part) , though sadly two of the three "original" Cockettes they dusted off for the show should have...continued
Quotes & Highlights
- “A true San Francisco tradition continues! …opium dream sequence, nudity and a 1930s toe-tapping musical vibe that never ever quits.” —Potrero View
- “Pearls Over Shanghai is historically hysterical.” —Theatre World Internet Magazine
- “All together, this cast is a well-oiled, eye-popping, immoral machine of hysteria.” —SF Bay Times
- “Pearls Over Shanghai still marks another happy reunion of the Cockettes and Thrillpeddlers, two theatrical groups separated by 40 years that still seem to have been destined to be collaborators in sinfully silly glory.” —Bay Area Reporter
- “This Show Is A Winner – It’s An Epic Spectacle.” —Leehartgravetonight