Red and White Fleet's Golden Gate Bay Cruise
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
- Tue, Mar 11 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Check Availability $14.00
- Wed, Mar 12 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Check Availability $14.00
- Thu, Mar 13 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Check Availability $14.00
- Fri, Mar 14 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Check Availability $14.00
- Sat, Mar 15 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Check Availability $14.00
- Sun, Mar 16 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Sold Out
- Mon, Mar 17 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Check Availability $14.00
- Tue, Mar 18 All Day (Cruises Depart 10:00am to 3:45pm) Check Availability $14.00
Sweater or heavy jacketinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Beers and tons of snacksinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Walk to the pier if you can...much easierinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
A light jacket is appropriateinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
A quick ride, nothing really neededinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Watch a <strong><a target="_blank" href="http://www.redandwhite.com/golden_gate_bay_cruise_details.asp#">video</a></strong> of this tour.
Launched in 1939 as part of the Golden Gate International Exposition, this cruise has been a highlight of any visit to San Francisco for 70 years. Sail along San Francisco's breathtaking waterfront, under the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, and closely around notorious Alcatraz Island. On route, discover San Francisco's history and world-famous landmarks through personal headphone audio in 12 languages.
Departing from Pier 43 ½ in the heart of Historic Fisherman’s Wharf, sail past the San Francisco skyline and view the lively neighborhood of North Beach, the famous swimming clubs of Aquatic Park, the historic vessels at Hyde Street Pier, the San Francisco Maritime National Park, and numerous other exciting sights.
As you head west towards the Golden Gate Bridge, cruise along Fort Mason and the Marina District which was devastated in the 1989 earthquake. Next, enjoy views of Crissy Field and the lush hillsides of the Presidio—both former army installations—that are now part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Don’t miss incredible photo opportunities when sailing directly under the massive 4,200-foot span of the 746-foot-tall Golden Gate Bridge.
As you steam back into the Bay, travel past the wildlife reserves of the Marin Headlands and the legendary town of Sausalito, once home to the 1960s’ flower generation. With Angel Island State Park to your left, slowly cruise around the infamous Island of Alcatraz. On your way back to Fisherman’s Wharf, see the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, and Coit Tower. After a full hour of exciting sights, the barking sea lions at Pier 39 welcome you back to Pier 43 ½, where you can visit two National Historic Landmarks, the WWII submarine USS Pampanito and merchant vessel USS Jeremiah O’Brien.
Cruise duration: 1 hour.
Please prepare for the unpredictable weather on the Bay by bringing a jacket or other appropriate outerwear.