San Francisco Food Safari: Culinary Gems of North Beach
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for San Francisco Food Safari North Beach was Friday March 27, 2015 / 11:00am.
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Austin NationRed Velvet
view more less of this review
Great walking tour! Our guide did a wonderful job of introducing us to the businesses in North Beach. He was quite well informed and the list he gave each of us was pretty exhaustive. I'm now looking forward to getting back over to that part of town to check out a few more places. Just note...this was not a food sampling tour as I thought it was, you have to come prepared to pay for what you want to eat along the way.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
Compared to the other tours we have been on , this was a waste of time and $. We left after 45 min.
He is not really a true chef or food critic. He was a former tour guide.
We were very diappointed. . The group 0f 30 was too large to manage in...continued
Please note that tastings are not included. Food must be purchased separately by guests along the way.
Stops (subject to change) include:
* Mara’s Italian Pastries (famous for their cannolis).
* Little City Market (purveyors of the San Francisco’s best Sicilian sausage).
* Victoria Pastry Co. (A San Francisco favorite since 1914).
* Molinari Deli (A real old-fashioned Italian deli, one of the few left in San Francisco. Find out why their sandwiches are legendary).
* Café Trieste (San Francisco’s most famous coffee house and home to the Beat Generation).
* Little Vine (a unique boutique purveyor of cheese, wine and provisions).
* Tony’s (A slice of New York in San Francisco, one of the only places you can get pizza cooked in coal-fired ovens).
* Liguria Bakery (find out why people line up early for their legendary focaccia).
* And much more!
The running time for this tour is approximately 2.5 hours.