San Francisco Food Safari: Culinary Gems of North Beach
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
- Fri, Dec 13 11:00am (Culinary Gems of North Beach) Check Availability $10.00
- Fri, Dec 20 @ 11:00am Check Availability $10.00
- Fri, Jan 3 @ 11:00am Check Availability $10.00
- Fri, Jan 10 @ 11:00am Check Availability $10.00
- Fri, Jan 17 @ 11:00am Check Availability $10.00
- Fri, Jan 24 @ 11:00am Check Availability $10.00
- Fri, Jan 31 @ 11:00am Check Availability $10.00
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Austin Nation
view more less of this review
Great walking tour! Our guide did a wonderful job of introducing us to the businesses in North Beach. He was quite well informed and the list he gave each of us was pretty exhaustive. I'm now looking forward to getting back over to that part of town to check out a few more places. Just note...this was not a food sampling tour as I thought it was, you have to come prepared to pay for what you want to eat along the way.
Culinary Gems of North Beach
San Francisco’s North Beach is well known for its legendary Italian cuisine, but there’s more to this historic neighborhood than restaurants. Embark on a 2.5-hour journey, scouting out North Beach’s best delis, coffee houses, bakeries and meat markets. Learn about North Beach’s history, and pick up sandwiches and snacks along the way for a picnic lunch in North Beach’s stunning Washington Square afterwards.
Please note that tastings are not included. Food must be purchased separately by guests along the way.
* Mara’s Italian Pastries (famous for their canolis).
* Little City Market (purveyors of the San Francisco's best Sicilian sausage).
* Victoria Pastry Co. (A San Francisco favorite since 1914).
* Molinari Deli (A real old-fashioned Italian deli, one of the few left in San Francisco. Find out why their sandwiches are legendary).
* Café Trieste (San Francisco’s most famous coffee house and home to the Beat Generation).
* Little Vine (a unique boutique purveyor of cheese, wine and provisions).
* Tony’s (A slice of New York in San Francisco, one of the only places you can get pizza cooked in coal-fired ovens).
* Liguria Bakery (find out why people line up early for their legendary focaccia).
* And much more!
The running time for this tour is approximately 2.5 hours.