See Mom, I Didn't Forget!: A Mother's Day Solo Performance Showcase
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for See Mom, I Didn't Forget! have expired.
The last date listed for See Mom, I Didn't Forget! was Sunday May 9, 2010 / 7:00pm.
Currently at The Shelton Theater:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $10.00 - $17.00
Morris Bobrow, the award-winning creator of Shopping! The Musical, the longest-running original show in San Francisco history, is serving up yet another tasty musical revue. This one's all about food, glorious food -- with a mix of songs and sketches about eating habits and hang-ups, trendy restaurants and food trucks, cooking quirks, menu mania and much, much more. Winner of multiple San Francisco Bay Area Theater Critics Circle Awards for outstanding music and lyrics, Bobrow also created the recent Party of 2 -- The Mating Musical. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Meanie Productions' aptly titled solo performance showcase, See Mom, I Didn't Forget! is fully equipped with pieces to make audience members laugh hysterically, remember the craziness, and remember the love.
The show celebrates the complicated relationship of children and their moms. Even if the audience members and their mothers are on the outs, live on separate hemispheres, planets, or dimensions (literally or figuratively), they are invited to bring someone else and enjoy an afternoon or evening of familial craziness that doesn't star their own family for a change.
The show-case features five local solo performers:
- JULIA JACKSON rides the roller-coaster world of adoption in "I Didn't Sign Up For This!" This comic and solo artist has performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and has worked with Robin Williams, Dana Carvey, and Paul Mooney.
- THAO P. NGUYEN is a solo performer who was featured as a closing act at the SF 2009 Theater Festival. In "Fortunate Daughter," she wakes up on a good morning in Vietnam, dons her full-metal jacket and goes deer hunting on Hamburger Hill. Later, her mother takes her to meet her grandmother for the first time.
- ZAHRA NOORBAKHSH is a solo artist and stand-up comedian who has performed with Maz Jobrani from the Axis of Evil Comedy Tour. She's struggling to figure out what will save her and her mother from the fiery pits of hell in "Hijab or Hammer-pants?"
- MARTHA RYNBERG, a Solo Performance Workshop facilitator and original director of the critically acclaimed W. Kamau Bell Curve: Ending Racism in About an Hour, has her own damn show! In "Best Feeding," she is an adoptive mother who is breast feeding her child. Impossible! Crazy talk! Right?! Right?!
- PAOLO SAMBRANO is a solo artist and was the lead producer of the short film, Elements, nominated for a Golden Gate Award at the 2005 SF International Film Festival. In "Bi-Poseur," assuming Paolo doesn't kill himself first, the blood clot in his leg will. But before all that he has to deal with uncooperative Playstation controllers, Bay Area prep schools, his mother's death, and his quest for the perfect suicide note (otherwise, why do it?).